The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Sigh, going to have sell my blue Ameraucana rooster. He's good around people but he's tearing up the girls. He grabbed my Black Rose Comb who was brooding eggs and was trying to mate her but was slinging her around. My poor Sebright cockerel tried to stop him but it was like a chauaua against a Rottweiler.

Last edited:
Sigh, going to have sell my blue Ameraucana rooster. He's around people but he's tearing up the girls. He grabbed my Black Rose Comb who was brooding eggs and was trying to mate her but was slinging her around. My poor Sebright cockerel tried to stop him but it was like a chauaua against a Rottweiler.
What kind of rooster is that in your avatar?

Incessantly nosy birds. These are actually all of the pullets I own… crowded into one photo, staring me down(except ms. Distracted in the back) and being nosy. their cockerel is nowhere to be found in the photo, he’s a shy little guy.
F23E0157-FFD8-45DE-8330-D676670D88CE.jpeg

I sold two birds. A wheaten cockerel and wheaten pullet, so now I’m down to one blue wheaten cockerel and 9 pullets… a mixture of blue wheaten and wheaten. I’m a bit sad, as the wheaten cockerel was so so friendly(and my remaining guy is quite skittish), but he wouldn't have been a good breeding choice, and I didn’t have extra space to keep him as a pet.

Back
Top Bottom