The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Congratulations on BB with her!

I get that feeling of birds being hard to find. Ameraucanas are pretty rare in Florida as well, in both largefowl and bantam. I saw... 9 bantam ameraucanas at the last show I attended(I brought 6 of those), and 3 largefowl. Finding breeders of any variety has been a pain.
Thank you! :) Means a lot less when it’s just against my own birds…but it is helpful in my assessment of my birds quality I suppose! Isn’t it weird how difficult they are to find? Especially when the clubs are so big and active! Hoping to add some genetics this year and breed my own in hopes of getting enough to start sharing with others. I feel like there are a fair amount out there not willing to share their stock…which makes things tougher for people like us to join and expand their coverage! Keep it up out there! :)

Thank you! :) Means a lot less when it’s just against my own birds…but it is helpful in my assessment of my birds quality I suppose! Isn’t it weird how difficult they are to find? Especially when the clubs are so big and active! Hoping to add some genetics this year and breed my own in hopes of getting enough to start sharing with others. I feel like there are a fair amount out there not willing to share their stock…which makes things tougher for people like us to join and expand their coverage! Keep it up out there! :)
I get it. When you're competing against others, a win isn't guaranteed, so it's extra exciting, but just competing against yourself will help you see which traits to give preference to in your stock. I don't know if you have a way but I sure don't know, going into a show, whether there will be competition for my birds. It's a bit exciting to see that they've got competition from others.

It is odd how hard they are to find. When I was first getting into them, I assumed they'd be a fairly common breed, given there are two large clubs full of breeders... No luck finding birds in FL, and now almost a year after ordering hatching eggs, I still haven't seen any breeders of the variety I'm breeding- I've seen one breeder of bantams, and she had only a trio of Blacks. Large fowls have been a bit more plentiful than bantams, but I've still barely seen any breeders in the state. I was lucky enough to get in contact with the breeders I did, and I adore the birds I got.

Good luck with your birds!

I get it. When you're competing against others, a win isn't guaranteed, so it's extra exciting, but just competing against yourself will help you see which traits to give preference to in your stock. I don't know if you have a way but I sure don't know, going into a show, whether there will be competition for my birds. It's a bit exciting to see that they've got competition from others.

It is odd how hard they are to find. When I was first getting into them, I assumed they'd be a fairly common breed, given there are two large clubs full of breeders... No luck finding birds in FL, and now almost a year after ordering hatching eggs, I still haven't seen any breeders of the variety I'm breeding- I've seen one breeder of bantams, and she had only a trio of Blacks. Large fowls have been a bit more plentiful than bantams, but I've still barely seen any breeders in the state. I was lucky enough to get in contact with the breeders I did, and I adore the birds I got.

Good luck with your birds!
Yeah, I’m gonna take all of them to Fresno and see which one they like best!

Thank you and good luck to you too! 🥰

This is Sunny and Sammy!
IMG_9947.jpeg

I think Sunny is a splash wheaten, and Sammy (second picture) should be either wheaten, blue wheaten, or splash wheaten, but apparently her colouring is weird and more partridgey? I don’t know. But they are ameraucanas.
IMG_9963.jpeg
They hatched in July. We live in Canada where the days are still pretty short, so they aren’t laying yet, but I expect they’ll start in the next month or two.

Man I can't wait till I get my Silver hatching eggs from GypsyHen. Then I can get my project going and I'll have my favorite color of Ameraucanas!

Projects are: silver lavender and blue golden duckwing. Nether are SOP but who cares they are the colors I love and I'll be breeding the body type to SOP.

Happy Tom And Jerry GIF

Back
Top Bottom