The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Okay for future reference how do you tell an americana from an easter egger? Because this is from Murray hatchery, and it looks pretty similar to one of my girls:

Murray McMurray Hatchery - Ameraucanas

Is this just not an Americana or is there some important differences I am missing?
The spelling of the name is different it's not Americana it's Ameraucana. Ameraucana will be listed by verity color and breed true to that color at lest 50% of the time.

Okay for future reference how do you tell an americana from an easter egger? Because this is from Murray hatchery, and it looks pretty similar to one of my girls:

Is this just not an Americana or is there some important differences I am missing?
So the way they define Ameraucana at some hatcheries, is using pure Ameraucanas but allowing the colors to mix. True Ameraucana are only allowed to be specific colors that breed true (when breeding the babies are the same colors). Some hatcheries, and many people think it’s silly to say that they’re not Ameraucanas simply because of their coloring, but the difference is careful selection and time breeding to a standard to maintain the traits and colors—whereas the others are allowed to self select their type and color. It doesn’t change the fact that both types are awesome and lay beautiful eggs 😍 Easter Eggers are the more loose mix whereas your Americanas/Ameraucanas are more specifically bred with a guaranteed blue egg layer that has Ameraucana traits. Clear as mud, right? 😆😆

So the way they define Ameraucana at some hatcheries, is using pure Ameraucanas but allowing the colors to mix. True Ameraucana are only allowed to be specific colors that breed true (when breeding the babies are the same colors). Some hatcheries, and many people think it’s silly to say that they’re not Ameraucanas simply because of their coloring, but the difference is careful selection and time breeding to a standard to maintain the traits and colors—whereas the others are allowed to self select their type and color. It doesn’t change the fact that both types are awesome and lay beautiful eggs 😍 Easter Eggers are the more loose mix whereas your Americanas/Ameraucanas are more specifically bred with a guaranteed blue egg layer that has Ameraucana traits. Clear as mud, right? 😆😆
Thanks I think I get it now! but, your saying this is not a pure bred Ameraucana right?
1706031813727.png

That’s also an Easter Egger. Hatcheries and feed stores mislabel.

I really don't want to be argumentative, but do you mind just posting a few pictures of what REAL silver, brown red, etc Ameraucana chickens look like bc when I search it up online I have a hard time seeing that difference between mine and REAL Ameraucanas. I think it just takes real professionals like ya'll to spot them! Thanks!
View these on the official pages, just Googling will never get you a straight answer. They must look like one of the birds listed on this page gallery.

http://ameraucana.org/Ameraucana Photos

Back
Top Bottom