Baby chick injured

alexpalafox82

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2018
I need help quick. My baby chick is hurt from it head. I take out my chick of it cage let it run around. Then I accident hurt my baby chick with the door. I don't know what to do now.Is she gonna die or live. Is there anyway to help my baby chick.

Welcome to BYC, and sorry about your baby chick. It might be injured or in shock. Keep it warm and where other chicks won’t peck at it. Is it’s eyes open and is it awake and alert? Accidenta like this happen, so don’t beat yourself up. I am hoping it is alright.

20180915_151402.jpg

Attachments

• 20180915_151403.jpg
    20180915_151403.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180915_151402.jpg
    20180915_151402.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 2
It may be fine, it could have internal injury. The best thing right now is to keep it someplace safe and quiet with food and water. Did it get hit with the door or crushed when the door closed? How is it behaving? Will it still eat/drink on it's own? Does it's energy level compare to others? If you reach over top of the chick does it react? Has it pooped since the accident? (How does it look)
Please describe exactly how the accident happened.
I know there's a bunch of questions, the more details you can provide the better help you will get. Things happen with baby chicks, no one blames you for this. We've all had something go wrong from time to time.

It may be fine, it could have internal injury. The best thing right now is to keep it someplace safe and quiet with food and water. Did it get hit with the door or crushed when the door closed? How is it behaving? Will it still eat/drink on it's own? Does it's energy level compare to others? If you reach over top of the chick does it react? Has it pooped since the accident? (How does it look)
Please describe exactly how the accident happened.
I know there's a bunch of questions, the more details you can provide the better help you will get. Things happen with baby chicks, no one blames you for this. We've all had something go wrong from time to time.

It did got crush by the door, it the only chick I have. It just standing closing it eye. The accident happen today. Im just so afaid and sorry What have I done.
And right now it not eating.

Ok. First, stop blaming yourself. Accidents happen. Right now giving the chick proper care is the best way you can make it up.:hugs
Crush injuries are very difficult to diagnose without a lot of expensive medical equipment, but we're going to do our best to to give this little guy the best chance. First, is it possible to go to a vet?

Ok. First, stop blaming yourself. Accidents happen. Right now giving the chick proper care is the best way you can make it up.:hugs
Crush injuries are very difficult to diagnose without a lot of expensive medical equipment, but we're going to do our best to to give this little guy the best chance. First, is it possible to go to a vet?
Probably yeah i could take it to the vet
Also,thank you so much

See about a vet, they're better equipped to see if there's anything serious wrong. For now periodically try giving some water (vitamins and electrolytes if you have). A dropper on the side of the beak will encourage her to drink. Also a little feed mixed with water to the consistency of oatmeal, scrambled egg, or yogurt may entice her to eat a little. Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom