Incubation humidity for ducks is?

jessellebond

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012
Kent County, Delaware
I posted in Ducks as well, was unsure which would be better to post.

Looked up information on what temps and humidity to keep the duck eggs at for the 28 days.... I found one that say 1-25 should be at 86% and the last few days at 94%....

Another site that says 50-55%.. and yet another 70% and 75%. My question is, what humidity was successful for you and which one is correct?
hu.gif

Thanks much!!

when i incubated some aylesbury ducks i set mine to 35% upto day 25 then 65% for lockdown till day 27 and morning of day 28 i set it up to 75%

that seem to be good chick managed to pip and everything but i accidently killed it by puncturing a blood vessel on the mebraine

but if that didnt happen it would have come out and been fine

i just ordered some runner and again will follow the same thing i suggested above

I'm on my very first hatch right now. Like you, I found different information for the humidity and had no idea what to do. I went with 50% days 1-25 then raised it to70% - 75% for lockdown. I'm using a homemade forced air incubator. I guess the humidity was good enough because my first one hatched a few hours ago! The other 9 have pipped externally and 2 of them are working on the zip.

Here's my first baby!

Gonequackers has it right for ducks. They are waterfowl, the mom and nest are naturally going to be much damper than with chickens.

There is definitely a plethora of info with different stats... i was pulling my hair out
he.gif
Thank you muchos for the info! GoneQuackers, that was the range I was going to stick to, seemed safe! and my what a cutie!!! Congrats on your little babe! Are they cayuga?

Yes, that one's a Cayuga. I have 3 different breeds in there.

I have 2 small bowls of water in the bottom and also a sponge on the top level. Just do whatever you have to do to keep the humidity up.

Back
Top Bottom