Milky Liquid In Egg Whites

eggstracool

Hatching
Jun 6, 2015
We are new to chickens and I have noticed that when I cook our eggs (Fried over easy) the whites and yolks look normal when you put them in the pan but as the whites start to become opaque you can see a bubbling liquid inside of them. At first I wasn't alarmed and just flipped them over as usual an put them on the plate. When my Hubby cut into it though a milky colored liquid ran all over the plate. I have noticed this with every egg we have gotten from our birds and am unsure what it means. We are not new to fresh eggs as my Mom frequently brings some over from her birds. Her eggs do not seem to do this.

A search of the forums here said that a milky egg white can be a sign of how fresh the egg is but it also made it sound like they whites were very watery and ran all over the pan when cracked which is NOT what is happening here. The liquid appears to be inside the white itself. Basically, when you crack it there is a white that is near the pan and a thicker white which contains the yolk on top of that. This thicker part of the white which is around the yolk is where this liquid is. It COULD be the freshness as my Mom usually is bringing them to me because has too many and isn't using them quickly enough so I am sure they are not day old eggs.

Thanks in advance!

It is normal that there is some runny egg white and some more firm egg white.

And fresh eggs are different.

Try to keep an egg for 10 days and see the difference.

It is normal that there is some runny egg white and some more firm egg white.

And fresh eggs are different.

Try to keep an egg for 10 days and see the difference.
I will, thanks! I have tried and tried to cook it out but it wouldn't ever firm up.

We are new to chickens and I have noticed that when I cook our eggs (Fried over easy) the whites and yolks look normal when you put them in the pan but as the whites start to become opaque you can see a bubbling liquid inside of them. At first I wasn't alarmed and just flipped them over as usual an put them on the plate. When my Hubby cut into it though a milky colored liquid ran all over the plate. I have noticed this with every egg we have gotten from our birds and am unsure what it means. We are not new to fresh eggs as my Mom frequently brings some over from her birds. Her eggs do not seem to do this.

A search of the forums here said that a milky egg white can be a sign of how fresh the egg is but it also made it sound like they whites were very watery and ran all over the pan when cracked which is NOT what is happening here. The liquid appears to be inside the white itself. Basically, when you crack it there is a white that is near the pan and a thicker white which contains the yolk on top of that. This thicker part of the white which is around the yolk is where this liquid is. It COULD be the freshness as my Mom usually is bringing them to me because has too many and isn't using them quickly enough so I am sure they are not day old eggs.

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever find out what this was? I had the same thing happen to me this morning, so bizarre! While frying an egg I popped the yolk and inadvertently also popped the white when a liquid that looked just like milk ran out of the egg and all over the pan! It was not opaque like normal thin egg white it came out solid white. Would like to know what this is...

Back
Top Bottom