New member saying hello

KimbosKluckers

Songster
Mar 11, 2024
White Mountains of Arizona
Hi, I’m Kim, glad to be here as I’ve found helpful information so far! I just got 6 chicks last week, (3 rhode island reds and 3 barred rocks) they are 12 days old now. They’re in a brooder while we build the coop and wait for the weather to warm up. We live in the White Mountains of Arizona. One chick got very constipated and I’ve been doing warm baths 3-4 times a day for 3 days now. She has improved tremendously and did a big poop today, yay! The attached picture is the day we brought them home at 3 days old.
Anyway, looking forward to learning from you! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3076.jpeg
    IMG_3076.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 94
Hi, I’m Kim, glad to be here as I’ve found helpful information so far! I just got 6 chicks last week, (3 rhode island reds and 3 barred rocks) they are 12 days old now. They’re in a brooder while we build the coop and wait for the weather to warm up. We live in the White Mountains of Arizona. One chick got very constipated and I’ve been doing warm baths 3-4 times a day for 3 days now. She has improved tremendously and did a big poop today, yay! The attached picture is the day we brought them home at 3 days old.
Anyway, looking forward to learning from you! Thanks!
Welcome to BYC! This was my first "goto" site when I first started thinking about chickens last year. There's a lot of helpful folks here. Get that coop built ASAP--in about 5 weeks they/you will be ready for them to be in their big girl home! It goes by really fast.

Hi Kim, welcome to BYC!
Thanks so much!!
Welcome to BYC! This was my first "goto" site when I first started thinking about chickens last year. There's a lot of helpful folks here. Get that coop built ASAP--in about 5 weeks they/you will be ready for them to be in their big girl home! It goes by really fast.
Thank you! And yes I can see how fast they’re growing! We just decided on a pre fab coop that we will modify a bit rather than building one. Hope we do not regret that.
Hiya, Kim, and welcome to BYC!! :frow Congrats on the new chicks! So fun!
Thank you. So very exciting to have them!

Hello Kim and welcome to BYC! :frow

Congrats on your new chicks! If you have any questions about them along the way, be sure to ask.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!
I already love this place!! It’s so active and very welcoming! Thank you!!
Welcome to BYC :frow Congrats on your new chicks! I’m glad to hear your one chick is doing better, and I wish you good luck on establishing your coop!
Thank you so much. I’m so glad she’s pulling through. I can’t handle a dead chick in my first week!
Welcome to Backyard Chickens. This is a great place to explore and hang out.
I just hatched 6 hoping for pullets !
It’s great here. Thanks very much.
Welcome to BYC :frow Best of luck with your new chicks
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom