Tolbunt Polish Sexing - 7 Weeks

Jun 18, 2023
I have two tolbunt polish. These are my first ever polish. Any thoughts on gender would be appreciated!

#1 - Suspected Cockerel
20240421_083910.jpg

20240421_083846.jpg

#2 - Hopefully a Pullet
20240421_084048.jpg

20240421_084117.jpg

Thanks!

I think these need more time. Polish are difficult. One positive sign with the first one, which seems to lack the beard, is that it has little wattle growth. The 2nd one has a beard and so can't be judged by wattle growth. Update with new pictures in a few weeks if you still have questions. Or, if you really want to know now, you can send in a feather of each to a lab and they will tell you the sex of each bird quickly. A web search can help locate the nearest lab. Good luck.

I think these need more time. Polish are difficult. One positive sign with the first one, which seems to lack the beard, is that it has little wattle growth. The 2nd one has a beard and so can't be judged by wattle growth. Update with new pictures in a few weeks if you still have questions. Or, if you really want to know now, you can send in a feather of each to a lab and they will tell you the sex of each bird quickly. A web search can help locate the nearest lab. Good luck.
Thank you! I didn't even notice the beard/no beard. I appreciate learning something new today!

Hi, was wondering if someone could help me figure out what the genders of my Polish chicks are? They’re 6 weeks old… Please & Thank you!! I have a pair of white crested blue’s I believe but please correct me if I’m wrong! And I also have 3 gold laced polish that I have absolutely no idea about!

Attachments

• IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4261.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4260.jpeg
    IMG_4260.jpeg
    452.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 18
These pictures just helped me immensely. My mom's not going to be too happy. The WC blacks we ordered for our shipment she specifically asked for a roo. The shipment was a disaster and we have 2 roos but not the right color. They'll still be well loved. 💜

Hi, was wondering if someone could help me figure out what the genders of my Polish chicks are? They’re 6 weeks old… Please & Thank you!! I have a pair of white crested blue’s I believe but please correct me if I’m wrong! And I also have 3 gold laced polish that I have absolutely no idea about!
Also, our gold boys look just like yours. 💖

So I had a devastating loss and I believe I lost one of my boy gold’s 😭 and I’m really not even sure why. He just all of a sudden became lethargic at about 6pm (stopped eating and drinking), and by the next morning he was gone. On the other hand, I may have 1 boy 1 girl gold polish now, I could be wrong but looks like the crest is changing shape and now is resembling my female white crested blue?

I have some updated photos and I know I have at least one crower, I am just hoping it's only one!

Attachments

• 20240507_172912.jpg
    20240507_172912.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 11
So I had a devastating loss and I believe I lost one of my boy gold’s 😭 and I’m really not even sure why. He just all of a sudden became lethargic at about 6pm (stopped eating and drinking), and by the next morning he was gone. On the other hand, I may have 1 boy 1 girl gold polish now, I could be wrong but looks like the crest is changing shape and now is resembling my female white crested blue?
I'm so sorry that happened!! Sometimes it just happens out of nowhere it seems with no reason. Our guys are still pretty spiky and girls are having more cotton ball shaped crests. Can you post a pic of the one you think is a female gold now?? Spike and Bodie are pinking in the wattles and the girls have nothing going on in the wattle department.

I have two tolbunt polish. These are my first ever polish. Any thoughts on gender would be appreciated!

#1 - Suspected Cockerel View attachment 3807809
View attachment 3807808

#2 - Hopefully a PulletView attachment 3807810
View attachment 3807811

Thanks!
1st is a cockerel, second I think a pullet!
They all look like pullets to me!

Back
Top Bottom