https://www.thehappychickencoop.com...+Complete+Info+Guide+-+The+Happy+Chicken+Coop

Also known as the Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rock or Blue Plymouth Rock, the Sapphire Gem is all the rage for novelty and specialty chicken fanciers. Scouring the internet for information on this rare variety will most likely lead you down a dead-end road or to the local jewelers’ websites. There is conflicting information on this variety of chicken, but one thing everyone seems to agree on is that this bird is a new favorite.

The Sapphire Gem is not an actual breed of chicken, and not recognized by the APA. Most hatcheries that sell this little gem are vague in their descriptions, and that’s probably because it’s a new variety of chicken. In fact, this chick can only be purchased from a handful of hatcheries, and it even appears as though one hatchery has the name Sapphire Gem trademarked.

https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/sapphire-gem-chicken/?utm_source=getresponse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=thehappychickencooplist&utm_content=The+Sapphire+Gem+Chicken:+The+Complete+Info+Guide+-+The+Happy+Chicken+Coop

Also known as the Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rock or Blue Plymouth Rock, the Sapphire Gem is all the rage for novelty and specialty chicken fanciers. Scouring the internet for information on this rare variety will most likely lead you down a dead-end road or to the local jewelers’ websites. There is conflicting information on this variety of chicken, but one thing everyone seems to agree on is that this bird is a new favorite.

The Sapphire Gem is not an actual breed of chicken, and not recognized by the APA. Most hatcheries that sell this little gem are vague in their descriptions, and that’s probably because it’s a new variety of chicken. In fact, this chick can only be purchased from a handful of hatcheries, and it even appears as though one hatchery has the name Sapphire Gem trademarked.
Oh my God, sapphire gem is a hybrid. It is actually dominant blue d 107. It is a heavy version of a hy-line brown type hybrid. But, blue SL and not red SL. It produces better than other hybrids in poor feeding and low density rations and it utilizes much better the free range. Understand it. I am very experienced in the field of layer companies.

IMG_20190812_165551_127.jpg
blue sex link male
20190809_182735.jpg

Blue sex link female

Mr. Thomas Lampo(something)can't remember), I have 4 Sapphire Gems from Hoover also and they matured into a cockeral barring and all, and the 3 pullets were two dark chicks and one light chick. The light pullet chick had the spot on the head, I also fell for the ole',"It's a SAPPHIRE GEM OLIVE EGGER. Uhm, no. These pullets lay dark brown eggs, not one has been pinkish brown. They started trying to lay at 13 weeks, I couldn't believe it. They are laying machines, very prolific at it. Two look like a cross between a Cream Legbar and a Blue Maran., with copper neck feathers. The other?. The so called SGOE has a big floppy comb and they all have what my husband calls a mohawk of feathers on top of head.

So hatcheries in the states only care about selling and it seems Hoover is trying to make their own hybrid for egg laying and took the name Sapphire Gem. I don't care one way or another who their daddy is, I just like the eggs. I've been getting double yolk eggs from them too.

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom