Button quail housing idea

RosieR

Songster
Apr 4, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Hey!
I’ve been keeping cots but I was thinking about getting a pair of buttons.
Has anyone built an armour style aviary? Would this be ideal for buttons? I just want a pretty display cage for them, plus it could be way more ventilated than an aquarium.
This project will probably be a while off, just bouncing ideas :)
DB86756A-D2F4-4193-9E9E-323C6932079E.jpeg

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but buttons wouldn't use all that vertical space. Looks like enough floor space. You could put a shelf/tray in the center to create a two-floored cage and keep two pairs of buttons, or just make it shorter, or put large potted plants inside to use up the vertical space. You just want to be sure to pad the ceiling, otherwise they'll bump their little heads and hurt themselves when they startle upwards.

Looks like it could work. More space is always better, but as far as I can tell it should be ok. I'd pad the top as well.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but buttons wouldn't use all that vertical space. Looks like enough floor space. You could put a shelf/tray in the center to create a two-floored cage and keep two pairs of buttons, or just make it shorter, or put large potted plants inside to use up the vertical space. You just want to be sure to pad the ceiling, otherwise they'll bump their little heads and hurt themselves when they startle upwards.
I’d look for a nice wide piece. I like the idea of having a couple levels for different pairs. I’m thinking padded ceilings and light strips installed. Maybe slide out bedding trays for easy cleaning...
Just need to convince hubby to let me add to our zoo :lau

Back
Top Bottom