Canker Metronidazole Powder 20% dose for one chicken

So this is 3rd day of fish zole I came home he looks way worse worse than he has been seen he got the canker he is completely weak can hardly stand. Should I stop fish zole

So this is 3rd day of fish zole I came home he looks way worse worse than he has been seen he got the canker he is completely weak can hardly stand. Should I stop fish zole
Yesterday he had a lot of mucus but acted normal

Not sure if he picked up a virus or something can I give him tylan while he has been taking this fish zole. Yesterday he looked the same I went to work early didn’t check on him this morning because it was dark came home and he can’t keep his eyes open standing but super weak almost tipping over. Or did I possibly give him too much of this fish zole. It’s hard to measure they were round pills hard to break. He looks really bad god I hope he makes it. Now I’m feeling so guilty I gave him wrong dose and now he is dying

Poor guy!
It sounds like he's been battling this for a long time.

If he's worsening with medications, then it may be best to stop those.

Is vet care an option.
I gave him a dose again today I wish I didn’t now. I think he is dying. And yes he has been battling this for a while. It took me a while to get meds then powders were not working just got tablets and now he is dying. I really hope I didn’t over dose him. I cut the tablets and it was around 50mg once a day for his 2 lbs. I can’t find a vet that will even see chickens. But I’ll keep looking. But he is now laying on his side I think it won’t be much longer

I'm so sorry! How sad:hugs

Canker can be very hard to treat, you did the very best you could.
The lesions can grow rapidly and form masses that invade the esophagus, crop and sometimes the liver and brain.

I'm so sorry! How sad:hugs

Canker can be very hard to treat, you did the very best you could.
The lesions can grow rapidly and form masses that invade the esophagus, crop and sometimes the liver and brain.
Thanks. I saw it down his throat pretty far. He was able to get some food and water down there. But it was difficult because he lost a ton of weight. I was very attached to him. I hatched him from an egg. He was a very sweet pretty rooster his name was Sweet pea

Attachments

• 9F8C6EDC-37C3-4B29-B744-4F3276645C0B.jpeg
    9F8C6EDC-37C3-4B29-B744-4F3276645C0B.jpeg
    426.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom