Do baby chicks feel pain when fed alive to predators?

I inherited a few pythons years ago, I didn't want to see them get released into the Everglades so I took them in. I always fed frozen/thawed rodents, I am a softie and would not be able to feed live animals to the pythons. Plus it isn't fair to either animal as neither one can get out of the situation if he so desires. I never had a problem with them not eating the thawed rodents, and it was easier on me to just go buy a big bag of frozen food from the reptile store. They each lived about 20 years with me - I don't really want any pythons again, but like I said, it was either take them in or see them get turned loose into our ecosystem.

Well sorry for my dumb question... And should I delete the link of that video? I don't wanna get banned because I'm new... And I'm still feeling bad at how these people feel 'satisfied' while watching these chicks suffer☹️

Well sorry for my dumb question... And should I delete the link of that video? I don't wanna get banned because I'm new... And I'm still feeling bad at how these people feel 'satisfied' while watching these chicks suffer☹️
Your posting does come off as a trolling effort.

Yet, some people can learn from it in a manner you do not appear to intend. The chick produced alarm calls very similar to larger chickens being attacked by more typical predators in backyard settings. More people need to learn to recognize and be able to respond quickly to them to protect flock from losses. Too many people do not respond until they see something when sounds are often far easier to detect.

We fed live prey to our snakes. They refused frozen and thawed and it's how things would go in nature. To video and share is for the shock factor in some cases. I would guess no one here would be too upset when their chickens eat live bugs? How many feed live bugs to their chickens? Have you seen them rip apart mice or baby birds that fall from trees and happen to land in your yard?

The person who posted the video keeps different pets than us. I imagine those who keep mice and rats would be upset that I fed them to my snakes alive.

Back
Top Bottom