Do baby chicks feel pain when fed alive to predators?

AniketM

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2019
So i just saw a baby chick eaten alive in youtube... It was in my recomendations, idk why. I felt really sad while seeing the chick suffer I wanted to ask why do these people feel satisfied while seeing these innocent baby chicks suffer... And also do they feel pain while being eaten alive?

So i just saw a baby chick eaten alive in youtube... It was in my recomendations, idk why. I felt really sad while seeing the chick suffer I wanted to ask why do these people feel satisfied while seeing these innocent baby chicks suffer... And also do they feel pain while being eaten alive?
YouTube always gives me some unexpected recommended videos. Some people like to post things that can be upsetting for others to see but are within YouTube guidelines. If you don't like it or think it shouldn't be shown you can always report it but youtube aren't like here and there is alot of unsavoury viewing. As to whether the chick felt pain, I don't know. I suppose it depends on how quick it was finished off. It's still not nice.

Depends on what ate it and how fast it was if it was swallowed whole it probably felt it as it would have been crushed as it was going down the food pipe but if it was chewed straight away it probably didnt feel.that much but I imagine the stress of the chick would have been throw the roof

One of several reasons I have no desire to own a snake or large reptile. Naturally, these creatures mostly swallow small prey alive or within a few bites. I'd be so conflicted about providing the creature with a species appropriate diet, because to do so I'd be choosing to subject the small prey to a painful and horrific death.

All creatures feel pain.
For a long time, "professionals" said that even newborn humans had no capability of feeling pain. Male newborns in particular are frequently operated on with nothing more than Tylenol. We really are a shameful species sometimes :(

Our research is now finding that "non sentient" beings such as trees can experience distress. Trees within a group or forest will chemically communicate to each other, even altering their individual intakes of nutrients or growth in order to sustain the population of trees over the singular.

I guess what I'm getting at is that just because human science cannot precisely measure an animal's pain by the same measures of a human, that does not mean an animal or other living thing cannot experience things like pain. Our intelligent species is awfully naive.

So here is the video i just talked about...
I dont know if posting links are allowed but still i gave the link for you guys to see it yourself. Well... i better not watch these kind of videos as i have kept baby chicks and love them so much and dont want the same to happen to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a snake. Normally she eats frozen thawed(and a tegu or monitor lizard does NOT need to eat live!! They are piggy little scavengers! This vid was *just* for views(I didn't watch it)), but every now and again we give her a live chick. This is always and only done with chicks who are done for. Our snake finishes it quickly so they don't suffer. I will do it if she wont take the prey, but I am more of a coward than our snake and I prefer not to kill baby chicks, even if they are suffering.

Hypatia is our angel of death. She constricts quickly and ends their pain fast, and then respects their sacrifice by eating them, making their lives not be for nothing.

OH MY GOD! YES chicks feel pain! How is that even a question when the poor thing is screaming in response to being attacked over and over again?! Apologies but it is upsetting as hell. Birds have the exact same nervous system and pain receptors as we do; they 100% experience pain and fear and they can and do suffer! THIS VIDEO IS DISGUSTING! I mean, that was sadistic torture and f*** the person who did that! I am so angry! Poor chickie!
PLEASE everyone report this video for animal cruelty! Awful! WE ARE TALKING MINUTES of terror and long drawn out torture here.

Sadly, there was absolutely no reason for that video and doing that is just for kicks. I have snakes as well as large monitor lizards and a tegu twice the size of the one in the video. No excuse to feed anything live to any snake or lizard (with maybe the exception of chameleons and frogs). That tegu would have been very happy to eat that chick dead. I feed mice, rats, chicks and rabbits. Every single one of them is dead when fed. Yes, they feel pain .. and fear. A chick can not even defend itself like a rat would. No excuse for feeding live to a caged pet. The food animal is trapped and has no chance of escape. You are not duplicating a wild environment in your home.

Vid is from 2016 but I reported it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom