Duck egg changing color but still chirping and moving

dazzleme

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2017
Utah
Hi I'm pretty new to hatching ducks and I'm worried for a few of the eggs. I have two that are internally piped (can hear one chirping) and one that over night went from white to this scary looking blotch on the bottom of the shell. Its still moving and chirping inside but it has been internally piped for about 3 maybe 4 days now and I'm worried.
To make a long story short, I have a mamma who was sitting but kept pushing out all the good eggs. I rescued 3 cold ones that after bringing inside and incubating for a bit, found that they were still alive. She just gave up last night after sitting for a month and a half...(Way long) The egg she abandoned last night is the one in question. I have 5 eggs that I'm incubating and all but two are different ages. I have done a lot of reading and decided to join so I can ask for your help. I have candled the eggs and have done my best at guessing ages but again I'm new to this. Any help would be much appreciated. I have more pics of the other eggs as well as videos. What are my next steps for these ducklings?

I've hatched ducklings a few times, and just one time I recall one egg changing color to a blotchy dark a few days before hatching. It was still chirping, but that stopped too a day or so before it actually hatched. And yes, it hatched! I was worried, since the egg looked like it was rotting inside.

That's good to hear, I hope that mine still hatches. I can hear it pecking at the egg and chirping still. The egg is moving a lot as well. I'm kind of worried that its back wards in the egg trying to hatch and the darkening is because it broke some of its blood vessels. When I candled it before transferring into a hatcher i didn't see its beak in the air sac but I could see movement down by the dark spot.

Hi I'm pretty new to hatching ducks and I'm worried for a few of the eggs. I have two that are internally piped (can hear one chirping) and one that over night went from white to this scary looking blotch on the bottom of the shell. Its still moving and chirping inside but it has been internally piped for about 3 maybe 4 days now and I'm worried.
To make a long story short, I have a mamma who was sitting but kept pushing out all the good eggs. I rescued 3 cold ones that after bringing inside and incubating for a bit, found that they were still alive. She just gave up last night after sitting for a month and a half...(Way long) The egg she abandoned last night is the one in question. I have 5 eggs that I'm incubating and all but two are different ages. I have done a lot of reading and decided to join so I can ask for your help. I have candled the eggs and have done my best at guessing ages but again I'm new to this. Any help would be much appreciated. I have more pics of the other eggs as well as videos. What are my next steps for these ducklings?
which end of the egg is this on? pointy or fat?

are they shipped eggs or yours?

Its an egg from my mamma duck who abandoned right after it internally pipped. It pipped last night externally right in the dark spot. Its hatching backwards. Its been a little more then 12 hours since it pipped. I checked on it last night about 4 am and it hadn't made progress so I opened it a little, (fallowing these instructions...) https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching since I helped its been almost 8 hours. I don't know if I should still help or let it be.

The baby duck just passed away.
i am very sorry
hugs.gif

i know you did what you could
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom