Pics coming soon, I promise! Been super busy with everything lately. Just started a new job on top of rescuing these guys.

After doing some more reading I'm realizing that this little guy has slipped tendons. The splay legged part seems to be coming together even without the straw-rubberband combo that I couldn't get on. So now everyone is eating, then getting some swim time in the bath tub, and once clean and dry, I'm putting on "splints" or some variation after I get the tendon (hopefully) back in place.

The duckling has seriously become my little buddy. Today I got everybody out, hand fed and watered "Tiny" (new nickname...lol) for about a half hour at his pace, then he fell asleep with his head in my hand. I had to be at work at 530 this morning so I was tired too. Fell asleep for about an hour with him curled up under my chin, wrapped in the end of my blanket.

I have parrots, so I've become pretty accustom to very "light napping" when they're with me wherever I'm laying. Whenever I would move my head to check on him, he would chirp and wiggle his head back under my chin. I'm smitten. I need a better name for him eventually.

Little guy

Attachments

• IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom