Generic Chicks Age Calculator for Weeks or Days

chauqg

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
This is a simple spread sheet created with google docs that will calculate the age in days/weeks of your chicks. Enter the date of hatching in the mm/dd/yyyy format or double click on the @ field to get a calendar to click on. Hope this simplifies the process for aging your chicks... It did for me... Hatcheries have a specific number of weeks when you MUST report roos to be able to get credit - this calculator will do it for you.

Cheerz

http://tinyurl.com/yco9p5m

Very nice.

And for anyone who uses excel here's a formula that produces a similar result:

=IF(B4="","",VALUE(INT(DATEDIF(B4,TODAY(),"d")/7)&"."&(MOD(DATEDIF(B4,TODAY(),"d"),7))))

B4 = hatch date (just change that if you have hatch date in another cell)

This will calculate their current age, as of today's date, and return it in this fashion. 4.4weeks ... meaning 4 weeks and 4 days. It has come in handy to have an exact date on my chickies.

Quote:
To make it easier for others to set this up, I used this format for hatch date in cell B4 - month/date/year, as in mm/dd/yyyy. Other formats might work but once I found one that did work, I quit looking. As mentioned, just change B4 to the cell you have hatch date. Also the output is in weeks.

Back
Top Bottom