Chiquis

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2022
Hi community,

Last night I noticed a black spot on each of my hen's feet. I called the vet but she isn't available until next month.

Do you know what is this? If it's Bumblefoot, what stage would it be?

I could try to address it if it's stage 1 or 2 but wouldn't feel comfortable if I have to use a scalpel to remove it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230520_181423873.jpg
    PXL_20230520_181423873.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20230520_181520035.jpg
    PXL_20230520_181520035.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi community,

Last night I noticed a black spot on each of my hen's feet. I called the vet but she isn't available until next month.

Do you know what is this? If it's Bumblefoot, what stage would it be?

I could try to address it if it's stage 1 or 2 but wouldn't feel comfortable if I have to use a scalpel to remove it.
That does look like bumblefoot. Agreeing with what someone else said, try 20 epsom salt baths daily. I’d also recommend Owell draw salve, hydrogen peroxide, and Vetericyn for passive removal. If you really want to get in there, you’d start with picking off the scab and then trying to squeeze the infection out of packing the open wound with draw salve. I also recommend getting some boots for her to make sure the treatment doesn’t get wiped off.

That does look like bumblefoot. Agreeing with what someone else said, try 20 epsom salt baths daily. I’d also recommend Owell draw salve, hydrogen peroxide, and Vetericyn for passive removal. If you really want to get in there, you’d start with picking off the scab and then trying to squeeze the infection out of packing the open wound with draw salve. I also recommend getting some boots for her to make sure the treatment doesn’t get wiped off.
Looking back on this, I noticed a typo. I meant only 2 or 3 epsom salt baths a day lol.

Back
Top Bottom