Lavender Orpington and cross breeding??

So if I read those correctly;
Do not grab them by the neck or any body part and hold them down.
Do be confident and carry a switch around for multiple reasons I.e. Self-protection, show dominance etc.
Any other tips?

See we had a Star Spangled Hamburg rooster, which was the freebie that came with our chick purchase and we made the mistake of treating him like a baby and holding him as a chick and a juvenile. Then he became horribly mean. So we gave him away. I just don't want the second time around to be a flop.

Hello. I am new to this but I have a question. I have a lavender buff orphington roo and crossed him with black austrolorp hen does anyone know if this will a good looking egg layer.

Lavender Orpington over a mixed flock is fun. I'll have to see if i can get a good picture to load.

My hatch was over ee, bard (didn't hatch), production red and cinnimon queen

One of the ee light colored mom hatch and feathering lavender
Another ee has a brown face but black body
The red hatched black
Then a cinnimon queen hatched cream yellow but like 2-3 spots of black fearthering white so far
The last 2 ee both hatched black

I'm hatching a few more to see what I get but it's lots of fun just expect a lot of dark colors

Sorry the last guy dryed really sticky. I haven't gotten new pics yet these are at hatch they are about 2 weeks old now

Attachments

• 20180424_105824.jpg
    20180424_105824.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180424_105904.jpg
    20180424_105904.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20180424_105945.jpg
    20180424_105945.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20180424_110010.jpg
    20180424_110010.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180424_110103.jpg
    20180424_110103.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180424_110146.jpg
    20180424_110146.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 62
I have a similar question. I want to incubate some eggs from my flock. I have a Beautiful Lavender Orpington.
My females are
3 lavender orpingtons
2 buff orpingtons
and 1 black easter egger cross

What am I to expect out of this group?

I have a similar question. I want to incubate some eggs from my flock. I have a Beautiful Lavender Orpington.
My females are
3 lavender orpingtons
2 buff orpingtons
and 1 black easter egger cross

What am I to expect out of this group?
Since I posted last in this thread, I've learned a lot more about genetics.
Since the lavender gene is recessive, the black easter egger cross would produce all black chicks. The lavender cross would make more lavenders. The buff cross would make black chicks with varying amounts of buff leakage.

I have some chicks that are a Lavender Orpington and Barred Rock cross will they be sex link as well? Thanks for responses!

If the lavender orp is the rooster and the barred rock is the hen then yes.
Males will hatch black with a head spot and feather in barred.
Females will hatch black without a head spot and feather in black.

If the lavender orp is the hen and barred rock is the rooster all chicks will hatch with head spot and feather in barred.

All chicks will carry one copy of the lavender gene sight unseen.

If the lavender orp is the rooster and the barred rock is the hen then yes.
Males will hatch black with a head spot and feather in barred.
Females will hatch black without a head spot and feather in black.

If the lavender orp is the hen and barred rock is the rooster all chicks will hatch with head spot and feather in barred.

All chicks will carry one copy of the lavender gene sight unseen.
Thank you for responding this helped me greatly!!

I bred my lavender orpington with my australorps and they are black chicks. I am hoping to breed back the chicks next year to the lavender orpington. The australorps are excellent layers and my roo is super mellow. I like a chill flock. Then look at crossing these with blue birchen marans for a darker egg. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom