Layer feed not for roosters!?! What should I feed?

You people are blessed overall. My uncle in Australia is always cursing a blue streak, saying that you just can not get any decent anything. They claim this feed is for this and that, at the various stores, and overall it is all wrong. So he has been pressing his own pellets. He needs to enterprise and get out there and sell to folk the mixes he has.
We are blessed. People from other countries cry at the bounty in American stores.

However, we work hard for the freedom that brings the blessing. Everytime I turn around some politician is trying to tell me it's better to do something a different way than what I do... "For my own good"... And they're always wrong, and it severally impacts how much productivity and health I can have in my flock and on my farm. We have blessings, but only so long as we can make the decisions that make sense for what *we* are doing.

/End rant... Sorry, still upset that I can't buy penicillin anymore.

We are blessed. People from other countries cry at the bounty in American stores.

However, we work hard for the freedom that brings the blessing. Everytime I turn around some politician is trying to tell me it's better to do something a different way than what I do... "For my own good"... And they're always wrong, and it severally impacts how much productivity and health I can have in my flock and on my farm. We have blessings, but only so long as we can make the decisions that make sense for what *we* are doing.

I hear that. I can only add that many people in their countries work hard-- for what they don't have, and for what they will never see.

Can't buy peni? Why?? What's changed?

Look up "fish antibiotics" online. You can thank me later.

I hear that. I can only add that many people in their countries work hard-- for what they don't have, and for what they will never see.

Can't buy peni? Why?? What's changed?
The fda decided farmers are too stupid to pay attention to antibiotic withdrawal times, and might eat meat with antibiotics still in them... As opposed to the antibiotics that the fda approved to be in them... So we need to be protected from ourselves. Went into effect in June or July.

You people are blessed overall. My uncle in Australia is always cursing a blue streak, saying that you just can not get any decent anything. They claim this feed is for this and that, at the various stores, and overall it is all wrong. So he has been pressing his own pellets. He needs to enterprise and get out there and sell to folk the mixes he has.
I'm in Australia, and use Vella stock feeds grower pellets. The chickens love them, and they seem quite good quality.

Seem. Can you define seem? How much calcium and phosphorus in a kg?
By 'seem' I mean my chickens are healthy, and it smells good and looks good, and has the right amount of protein, and are made in Australia. And it isn't medicated with anything which would stop me feeding it to laying hens.
Here's a screenshot of the analysis,
1691994904547.png

The fda decided farmers are too stupid to pay attention to antibiotic withdrawal times, and might eat meat with antibiotics still in them... As opposed to the antibiotics that the fda approved to be in them... So we need to be protected from ourselves. Went into effect in June or July.
Ah. So we must be protected from ourselves. Obviously they know the game. But who will be established to protect the government, that old whining lunatic, from itself?

It doesn't just apply to chicken food. Here in Aus we often have very limited options compared to some other countries and even then what's an option in one place isn't even a possibility in another.
I can have trouble sourcing good, quality, and healthy food for all my animals from my quail, to my budgies, to my dogs. I've learnt to do my research and make the best of what I have.
I'd be curious as to what your Uncle uses.

It doesn't just apply to chicken food. Here in Aus we often have very limited options compared to some other countries and even then what's an option in one place isn't even a possibility in another.
I can have trouble sourcing good, quality, and healthy food for all my animals from my quail, to my budgies, to my dogs. I've learnt to do my research and make the best of what I have.
I'd be curious as to what your Uncle uses.
Im very sorry. I know how it can be for you good people . Im really sorry. Best you can do is research, which you are, then even get what you need from online, if you can. Like... sigh... as if the gov there trying to sell off Queensland's 4th generation farms to the Singapore Army; the massive vetting on the rental market leaving 25% of rental applicants with no home to go; the millions and millions of dollars worth of upgrades needed for schools; the disappearing product lines at stores; the huge costs; the million dollar ballpark figure for a dilapidated house; the lack of legal aid; Sydney gov wanting to sell the water board to the Chinese; and the government re-enacting century old "sedition laws" to make it illegal for people to discuss how broken down things have become, is not bad enough.

I have everything for Australian people. I have been there several times, our family being split all over the place. Yet, the government has got to be replaced by a just and fair alternative. Else, they have put the people in a pot that is slowly boiling. .. It will be just as they say in that old fable of that frog in slowly boiling pot. Not at all anything against you as a person, Somewhere. Please know that. You're not the system you happen to be in.

My uncle has had frustrating times down there, trying to get adequate treatment through the medical system, trying to get clothes that fit (since so much clothing hitting stores is now apparently made in China and the sizes are all wrong). Trying to find transparent clarity regards products intended for animals. So much dry corn filler in ordinary bird seed, a choke hazard, it has killed wild birds when accidentally put outside.

No. You are awesome people in a real pickle of a state. Nothing is personally directed at any individual if I should get down about Australia. It is supposed to be one of only three first world countries in the Southern hemisphere. But look how they exploit their people? New housing projects so badly below world standards that they collapse (as in news about Sydney recently). Escape, if you can. They seem to expect no one will leave given the geographical remoteness of it all.

All the best to you. If you need any help getting good quality things, and no patronization intended, let me know. I will get it to you.

Back
Top Bottom