Let’s see your WHITE Americana’s!!

Yeah. She had kind of a grey undertone. I got a Delaware chick at the same time and that one was very yellow in comparison. Here’s a pic of her as a chick. Probably about a week old.
Yeah looks almost identical! Awesome thanks for the pics 👍🏼👍🏼

Mine started off pale yellow, turned very white as a young pullet and now is mostly white with a tinge of brown and grey here and there 😁 her name is Cream 😅.

In the chicks photo she’s second from top.

IMG_5271.jpeg

IMG_6268.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4901.jpeg
    IMG_4901.jpeg
    531.7 KB · Views: 15
Mine started off pale yellow, turned very white as a young pullet and now is mostly white with a tinge of brown and grey here and there 😁 her name is Cream 😅.

In the chicks photo she’s second from top.

View attachment 3807707
View attachment 3807708
So nice looking !! After seeing your guys I’m happy I was able to find an all white EE! Took a while but I think I found the right one lol

You'll probably get more answers if you start your own thread. Try the general breed discussion or genetics and breeding to the sop forums! To answer your last question, self blue is another name for lavender. It's recessive, you need two copies of lavender for chicks to be lavender/self bue, and much more consistent than [Andalusian] blue which is partially dominant. One copy of blue dilutes black to gray (can vary from a light gray color to so dark it can be hard to tell from black). Two copies dilutes black to splash (white with varying amounts of gray flecks). And since blue birds have one blue gene and one black gene you can also get black chicks. Blue usually has darker edges to the feathers (like lacing but not as thick), while self blue feathers should be the same color all throughout.

Op, I don't have any chickens yet, but we ordered a "saphire jewel" which is pretty much a white Easter egger, looks a lot like an ameraucana.
1000006259.png
(picture from the Meyer hatchery website)

Back
Top Bottom