Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #15

I think I did it. All the photos didn't seem to post.
The pictures are in the article as attachments, you need to insert them in the article.

This is an older version of the platform that BYC runs on, but it might give you an idea of how to insert your pictures.

Water bottle. A really good one. I control 4 dogs, 3 cats, 32 hens, 7 roosters, 4 grandchildren and 1 husband will a spray bottle filled with water. I don't play nice, I have it on stream and I spray them square in the head. After a bit, you just have to pick it up and they correct themselves.
I'll have to try this. Thank you 💜 This made me giggle, especially at the husband and grandkids 🤭

Once you have them trained, you'll swear by it.

Side note, it works on a LOT of people.
Oh my gosh! You are making me laugh so hard. I'm thinking about someone carrying it to the grocery store and using it on random people. Oh my! Thank you for the wonderful laughs 💜

*** My apologies! No more side tracking from me, I promise :oops: ***

It may be too late for this contest, but it would be awesome if someone with the specific knowledge and the necessary library of photos would compile a photo guide to sexing birds based on male-specific and female-specific color patterns.

I think I've got the hackle and saddle feather thing down well, but the feather-pattern part eludes me -- especially when it comes to "egger" types that don't have breed standards.

It may be too late for this contest, but it would be awesome if someone with the specific knowledge and the necessary library of photos would compile a photo guide to sexing birds based on male-specific and female-specific color patterns.

I think I've got the hackle and saddle feather thing down well, but the feather-pattern part eludes me -- especially when it comes to "egger" types that don't have breed standards.
What do you mean by feather pattern? Do you mean male-female specific coloring in different varieties?

Darn! I’m working on an article about how to cure pasty butt, but I get my pasty chicks on the 26th.
When does the next contest start?
I think the next will start in a couple months, after this contest is finished being judged. Sounds like an interesting article! You could make a thread asking other BYCers for permission to use their pasty-bum photos.

What do you mean by feather pattern? Do you mean male-female specific coloring in different varieties?

On the sexing threads people are always saying that certain chickens, often Easter Eggers, have a female-specific pattern or a male-specific pattern -- which apparently they can ID even though those birds don't have breed standards.

I want to learn this skill. :)

You could make a thread asking other BYCers for permission to use their pasty-bum photos.

Don't photos for this contest have to be your own?

Back
Top Bottom