Silkie Experts NEEDED!!! Warning:*Pic heavy!!* Sorry, dial-uppers.

They are cute Lurky.
smile.png
I actually got Dragon, Gwen, Briar, a blue pullet (Bell) and a Gray Pullet (Hera) out of NH.. Ares, Zeus (a gray cockerel) and Athena came from MN.
I do have 17 eggs to go in the bator (thanks for the extra btw Lisa...I counted them 15 times before I realized you had added an extra.
smile.png
) so I'm hoping to get some splashes from that.

I would say Girl, Boy, Boy too. Although the middle one is tricky..I think the waddles are making me say boy more than anything.

Jody

If i end up with all girls, I might going to want a light blue/splash Boy or a white boy.
I LOVE MY SILKIES!!!!!!!! Where in Maine are you angie?

Quote:
At that age, shouldn't a girl be getting waddles too? I saw pullets at the fair with decent waddles......when would they start growing?

My bearded silkie hens don't have any visible waddles, but I guess it is possible. I was just pointing out that that is what made me say boy. If they are appropriate for the age, then my guess could be wrong.

Jody

Quote:
I'm in Mechanic Falls (I know, you never heard of it...Poland Springs area) 1/2 hour 45 min North of Portland. I can get to Seabrook NH in an 1 1/2...lol that's where I got my NH Silkies from. I think the lady I got them from (she's Mario2girls on here) still has some solid blue chicks...but getting splashes from her is like pulling teeth, lol, she won't part with them.

Anyway, Lurky, I'll part with anything solid white, but if I get any blacks, they are spoken for, the blues over my dead body...lol and I might, just maybe part with a splash.
wink.png
tongue.png
lol.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats funny.....i would not want a black silkie, but at the fair i was at last weekend there was a bunch of blk silkies about 7 weeks old for $10 each. I know you could bargain with the guy too. Funny how that works though.......there were some white ones for judging but not for sale
barnie.gif
I need to wait til i know what i have anyway
smile.png

I was at the Bolton Fair in Mass. This weekend in Bolton is a farmers version of a tailgate party. They call it a tailgate sale or something like that. They bring all they want to sell in their trucks and gather to sell everything....chickens, ducks, piglets etc.....whatever they can fit. I told him they shoulda done that at the fair. I would have loved it. Anyway this fair was great. Lots of chickens. More than i have ever seen so far at a fair. That is near worcester.

My guesses are Athena is a girl, Ares a boy (based on wattles and apparent attitude in picture), then Dragon definitely a girl - she looks just like two little girls i got from mypetchicken, so sweet.

Your birds are soooooooo pretty! Gosh, i wish i could have found or hatched some splashes this summer. Maybe if i rest up this winter i could handle more egg hatching next spring.

Anyhow, looking forward to learning what the final results are. i think i have my 10-week-olds sexed accurately, but only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom