The Ultimate Comprehensive Coturnix Color Guide

E00B1539-3AFF-4D2E-A789-5BCF459F0117-6947-00000EE5ACAEA3AE_zps64773bf4.jpg
English White
Thanks James Marie!

As far as I know the above is a Tiebetan Tux but it almost looks like a rosetta...

This one is what we call a Speckled Tibetan, it's basically an incomplete Tibetan Tux, and here they are prized when they have a white chin, and a white splotchy shape on their breast.

Can anyone tell which one this is? i get so confused when i see all the Manchurian/Italian colours. The male has a dark brown head. I'll try and upload a pic of him later.

the top one is a rosetta tux, it looks really red in this pic but i think it might be a play on light? I know in my rosetta line i get alot of males in particular that are redder like that.

2nd is a rosetta also like you said,

last one is a female speckled Italian... males will not have that same black spotting, i have seen them with and with out the read head gene

So the above is an italian with the redhead gene?

Are above and below the same type? one has a black beack and the other dosn't

A closeup of the Scarlett/Tibetan Tuxedo: What's your call?

Are the above an below Scarlett's then?

Cheers
Finn

with goldens (that are not manchurian) they are feather sexable.... the black speckled breasted ones are the females, the clear breasted red heads are males. The tux isnt a tiebetan, its rosetta, just looks like the real red end of the spectrum, mine are all in a bad moult or i would take a photo to illustrate range.... the really red ones like that have almost always been males for me... the 2 below that are regular rosettas. Scarlet and red range are both products of roux gene.
Hope that helps some

Back
Top Bottom