another use for pallets

I tried quite a few things while drilling or trying to drill the oak. I redid my kitchen last winter with oak cabinets and had to use soap on the screws. Any soap will work I don't think you have to use just ivory.

Wow it's taking me forever to figure my way around BYC. I built a chicken house out of pallets and I would love to share the picture of it on BYC. Might take 3 more months before I figure out how to do it. The great thing is I work for a company where we have pallets all of the time so I have access to them all of the time and looking forward to finding more ideas on what I can do with them.

welcome-byc.gif
GEvans!

Would love to see your pallet coop. Posting images is easy. While you are composing your post, just look at the toolbar at the top. There is a little icon. (It's the 13th icon from the right.) Click that Icon. You can upload your image from your computer and then insert it into your post. (Some people have been having trouble doing it using Internet Explorer 10. Don't know if the problem has been fixed yet. If you have IE10, you will want to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox.)

BTW...if you missed this link earlier in this thread, here's a great YouTube video that will give you tons of ideas about using pallets for other projects.

Last edited:
Cool i'll check out the Youtube link. As for the icons at the top, all I have are

HOME LEARNING CENTER FORUM COOPS BREEDS GALLERY REVIEWS SPONSORS STORE and on the far right MY PROFILE. Are those the icons you're talking about?

click on reply to post and when you get there look below the word Reply, there are boxes there with words, source, normal size, scroll over these boxes and a dropdown box will appear and tell you what it is for. Scroll to the right to the last big box, and the first icon will say "insert image", click on that and follow the instructins.

Last edited:
I think the deal with ivory is that it cheap, and predictable. I imagine using other types of soap work good too. It was probably that an old timer showed me the trick 30 years ago, and Ivory used to be real popular.

Back
Top Bottom