Best candler for dark eggs

I'd like to know this also. I got and incubator for Christmas and want to start hatching soon. I have 3-4 Marans that have the dark brown eggs.

I had to take the brown eggs into my bathroom, shut off all the lights and use a bright flashlight...........and sometimes that was a guess.

Dark choc eggs..good luck. Hope someone else has some good ideas

I have been using a $4.00 Walmart LED flashlight with good results but I don't think my eggs are as dark as yours.
cool.png

I was going to post with this exact question!! I have a real egg candler and I can't see a thing. I can see a little bit of an air pocket, but that is all.
Is that a good sign?

I can't see through this:
roll.png

l_f1e830ad41054557bbadecbec46d6bac.jpg

L&Schickens - You probably never will be able to see through that either! LOL! I hatched some Welsummer eggs that were that dark last July and it didn't matter what system I used or how bright the flashlight was. I never could see anything other than the air cell, as stated by Katy. Those dk. brown eggs are just a hopeless cause when it comes to candling.
smile.png

hmmm well crud I was hoping someone had a magic candler that could see inside those really dark eggs.

Now i get to worry about rotten eggs and an explosion of not so tasty eggy badness in my bator.

lol.png
Relax! Just use your nose. If there is a rotten egg in the bator then you should be able to smell it well before it explodes!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom