Bielefelder rooster over Ameraucana hens?

May 1, 2024
Hi, first time posting and first time hatching incubated eggs from my 3 Ameraucana hens and my Bielefelder rooster. They started hatching this morning, and I’m hoping to get about 10 of them. My questions are: A, can I expect them to be auto sexing? And B, anyone has any photos they can share of this mix, both chicks, adults, and eggs?

My 3 Ameraucanas were labeled as such from one of the biggest hatcheries, however only 1 out of the 3 ladies has a beard/muff. They all lay pretty teal eggs, some are a little more towards the green. Especially when I compare them with the blue eggs from my cream legbars.

I have had chickens for many years, but finally moved to a farm so I no longer have to keep it under 4 chickens! ;) I look forward to hearing from some breeders with more experience than me.

Helena

Chicks will not be autosexing, but they will be STINKIN' CUTE. These are from my second batch of Ameraucana eggs that I hatched from my flock with a Bielefelder roo.

1716433381576.png

Egg color is going to vary depending on if your Ameraucauna has two blue egg genes, or one blue, one white. You can expect either 100% of the female offspring to be green egg layers if she has double blue genes, or 50% green, 50% brown/tan if she has one blue, one white egg gene.

Back
Top Bottom