I almost forgot...
It's Caturday.

1000002215.jpg

1000002227.jpg

Round worms in chickens look like this :
View attachment 3835812
Image from https://poultrykeeper.com/digestive-system-problems/chicken-roundworms-or-ascarida-galli/

Tapeworms show up in poop as segments looking like moving rice grain
View attachment 3835814

Please people, think twice about worming your chickens if you are not at least 80% sure they have worms. It may not harm them but the dewormer will be in their poop and kill actually useful other beings for the environment, which ends up being toxic both for the soil and for biodiversity.
Not to mention that the more you use a dewormer the more chance helminths in your environment will become resistant.
Not saying you shouldn't use chemical dewormers. I do, but only after evaluating if it's really needed for an individual chicken. I can't get fecal floats where I live.
And by the way, Ivermectin is one of the worse. It's killing professional bee keeping in my region due to the sheeps.
:goodpost:
Thank you for reminding us all.

Well now that I have my silkie eggs all collected they can all go broody for all I care.

:gig :gig :gig :gig :gig

If I have a couple broodies by the time the eggs my niece has for her school hatch, to take on those chicks, it would be great!

But, as we all know they don’t go broody when you wish.

Round worms in chickens look like this :
View attachment 3835812
Image from https://poultrykeeper.com/digestive-system-problems/chicken-roundworms-or-ascarida-galli/

Tapeworms show up in poop as segments looking like moving rice grain
View attachment 3835814

Please people, think twice about worming your chickens if you are not at least 80% sure they have worms. It may not harm them but the dewormer will be in their poop and kill actually useful other beings for the environment, which ends up being toxic both for the soil and for biodiversity.
Not to mention that the more you use a dewormer the more chance helminths in your environment will become resistant.
Not saying you shouldn't use chemical dewormers. I do, but only after evaluating if it's really needed for an individual chicken. I can't get fecal floats where I live.
And by the way, Ivermectin is one of the worse. It's killing professional bee keeping in my region due to the sheeps.
Yes this is true, over use of ivermectin has been shown to cause a reduction in not only parasites but also flies and other beneficial insects.

I try to worm my horses in the afternoon so I can keep them inside and collect their manure and place it on the manure pile, contained so it not out in the paddocks killing good bugs.

I am not sure about how long it lasts in the environment but it does break down, eventually.

I’m inclined to agree we’re in the midst of a sue-happy society…

But the particular coffee-too-hot incidence is an example of a highly paid PR team messing with our minds! In the infamous case of Stella Liebeck, she readily admitted that she spilled the coffee; except the McDonalds folks had set the coffee temp to 190 degrees, which causes 3rd degree burns in (looking it up…) well, it takes a 150F degree liquid only 2 seconds to give a 3rd degree burn, so presumably at 190F it would be instant. And it poured onto her crotch! Can you *imagine*?! It’s ridiculous they didn’t just apologize and pay the measly $20,000 in hospital bills she was asking for from the get go. It took some fancy PR moves to have us calling her frivolous.

View attachment 3835817
Tax: I was expecting to catch Whiskey flying off the log. Or at least opening her wings to slow her fall. But no, here is proof she purposefully dive bombed into the treat eating scrum.
Great photo!

I love the speckled suspect you have what is her name again?

Back
Top Bottom