How do you make a Foghorn Leghorn?

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I posted this on another thread...........how do you make a Foghorn leghorn? I don't just mean a rooster, but pullets with similar coloring.

For reference:

foghorn_leghorn.png

I was playing around with the genetics calculator and actually got a pullet with correct coloring, but can't remember the steps I took to get there. Whoops?

It is like an off colored lakenvelder. Silver but with red instead of black? How can i make that happen?!

[eta: obviously this is a somewhat theoretical and ridiculous question........but I really wonder how to make it]

Last edited:
maybe you could find a Dun colored bird and breed it into a Silver Lakenvelder and that would give a brownish color istead of black.

I don't know about the guy in the picture, but I recently found out what a REAL foghorn leghorn is. I was reading about Ayem Ceminis (sp?) on Feathersite. This breed is from small fishing villiages, and they pen these longcrowers on their fishing boats to call to each other. That way, on foggy days, the fishermen are alerted to the proximity of other vessles, and they can avoid collisions! Leghorns, who are also foghorns! Ta da!

Back
Top Bottom