How do you make a Foghorn Leghorn?

i think Foghorn would be a chocolate patterned silver lakenvelder thats a silver columbianwith Charcoal and Chocolate but i dont know how to get that in to them any know i would like to have one myself.

Last edited:
My wife does an excellent Foghorn impression. When we are sitting out by the run in the evening, relaxing after the daily toil, she gives voice to the chickens.

Sorry for the derail, as you were. I SAY, SON! as you were.

Quote:
Did i miss something that looks nothing like Foghorn Leghorn to me ! LOL maybe i was looking at the wrong picture.
hmm.png

It's the "foghorn" part, not the appearance. The link is about a breed that was actually used as a communicating device on the open seas.

Yes, I know I'm quoting an old post that questioned my post, but I just now saw it.
smile.png

I can't immagine it not being impossible, because it looks pretty much like a solid columbian pattern, a Lackndelver would have the same coloring closes tot what you want and body type, i would start there.

um... after thinking about this thread for a while now with my friend and arguing how it would come to be.... i came out that it is possible... and i will try to make this pattern with my OEGB's... LOL...

i have fawn silver duckwings... and somehow, find a lakenvelder roo OEGB... but i've never seen lakenvelder oegb... hmm... anyways... you get a lakenvelder roo over a fawn silver duckwing... most of their offspring will be columbian and incomplete columbian... so i would get a hen that is dark dun but, has most lacing or whatever on the neck... closest to a columbian... then breed that one back to the dad... you will have quail, columbian, and lakenvelder patterned chicks... the quail will be incomplete... so just throw those away... LOl...

it should be pretty fast IMO... like 3-5 generations... since you aren't working with lacing and such...

good luck whoever does this... since i won't be able to find a lakenvelder OEGB...
sad.png

I think Foghorn was supposed to be a Red Pyle. Apparently circa 1908 some were produced by careful breeding of some form of brown Leghorn with whites. I always loved the way he flirted with his ladies.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Did i miss something that looks nothing like Foghorn Leghorn to me ! LOL maybe i was looking at the wrong picture.
hmm.png

It's the "foghorn" part, not the appearance. The link is about a breed that was actually used as a communicating device on the open seas.

Yes, I know I'm quoting an old post that questioned my post, but I just now saw it.
smile.png

The part about the black tissues makes me wonder if the Foghorn Ayam Bekisar was an ancestor of the Silkie. If they make the Adhan, the call to prayer, that would be eerie in the fog or a storm. If you have ever heard it, it literally sends shivers down one's spine and is hauntingly beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom