Khaki Campbell duck eggs, $10 a dozen

Sunny Side Up

Count your many blessings...
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Loxahatchee, Florida
Khaki Campbell ducks are prolific layers of deeeeeeelicious eggs, good for eating alone, mixed with chicken eggs, and especially for use in baked goods and batters. I got my ducks after hearing about how great their eggs are for baking, and wasn't disappointed after trying them. They are easy to care for, they lay their eggs in their duck house by morning and then spend the rest of the day foraging & free-ranging around the yard. Khakis are usually people-shy and probably won't act like pets, but I don't mind as long as they keep laying those tasty eggs for me.

I've had good results hatching my ducks' eggs, in incubators and under broody chicken hens and have even had a few of my Khakis go broody too. The eggs look extremely fertile when I crack them for eating. I'll pack them carefully & mail them flat-rate Priority Mail from Palm Beach County, Florida.

Let me know if you'd like to give these eggs a try!

I agree, that is a very handsome drake, is he a Khaki Campbell? My drakes look somewhat like that but don't have the brilliant green head as shown in that photo. Their heads are dark brown with a green iridescence that's better seen in some lights than others. I wonder if that bird looks different in real life & this photo just happened to catch his head looking so green.

I got my ducks from McMurray Hatchery, my drakes look more like the ones on this page: http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/4/4-4/the_khaki_campbell_duck.html#

I'm
sorry I don't have photos of my own ducks to send.

at different times of the year my drakes have more color like that picture, right now everyone kind of looks alike

Back
Top Bottom