sexing jersey giants

You should be able to tell by their combs and wattles by now.We have some JG babies now 3 weeks old and you can tell all the roosters real easy.

They grow so fast-they are Giants
gig.gif
I don't have one taken in the past few days but will get some tomorrow.All of the roos have real wattles-started seeing them at 2 weeks plus a larger comb.I feather sexed them at a day and sure enough every one that feather sexed a roo has wattles
hmm.png
the pullets don't.
Not sure who the purebred question was for so to clarify mine are breeder stock purebreds...all of my chickens are purebred unless they are a planned cross.

Mine came from a hatchery, so I am assuming they are purebred. The person I got them from had extra because her order was double shipped.

They all have small combs, no wattles yet. They wre straight runs, so I thought at least one would be a roo.

Here is one of my Ugly Ducks..I mean JG's sorry they are going thru the uglies right now.He's 3.5 weeks-time flies by when your hatching chicklets
big_smile.png
He also had the most white which also unfortunately doesn't sex these critters.
My pullets don't have such a wattle on them yet..sorry they were hiding on me this morning-you know females with bad hair days won't allow their picture to be taken
lol.png
The females are also very well feathered compared to the roos.
35655_fishingnchicks_005.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Mine don't have any wattles at all, so I'm guessing hens.

I was feeling bad for thinking my JG chicks were some of the ugliest critters I've seen. I keep saying they look like mutant baby vultures of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom