Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Pics
Didn’t realize how much work it was going to be until after we started. Yes we had a good idea what we wanted. Took us two months to build it. Wow I thought a couple of but I was way off.
Similar here. There are about 20 pallets in my coop build. I didn't take them apart though. I tried to use them whole as much as possible.

You kind of took the wind out of my sail with your score of $1325 wood posts.
It's even better than that. They aren't galvanized, but they are powder coated steel posts, like what stop signs are mounted to. The customer was a local hospital. DH's work place made 25 signs during covid, and when the hospital was done with the signs, they didn't want the posts. SMH. Like they won't need signs again?

They'll hold up my garden fence for a loooooong time.
But your painted lean to shelter really pops out at you. It looks so bright and fresh.
It looked like that for about two days. Everything in the chicken run is coated with "chicken dust." It's still recognizable as white, but definitely dirty!

I am very new to building things. So painting it all white makes my imprecision less noticeable.

Love your coop..for some odd reason it has a western feel to it..I half expect a cowboy to mosy out.😁
Yeah it’s the Fluffin eggs General store. Next to the butt nugget saloon.

Attachments

• F8697F82-64F0-4AFB-BDFD-B580958D6FEF.jpeg
    F8697F82-64F0-4AFB-BDFD-B580958D6FEF.jpeg
    892.9 KB · Views: 29
Didn’t realize how much work it [building the pallet coop] was going to be until after we started. Yes we had a good idea what we wanted. Took us two months to build it. Wow I thought a couple of but I was way off.

Oh, I can believe it. My coop build, with lots of new wood, took me almost 2 weeks to build. It would have gone faster, but I did not have any help, so I had to slow down and pace myself. Just by the pictures you posted, I imagined you were weeks and weeks into that project. Well, it looks like it was definitely worth the effort. :)

My coop is made of plywood that would have been chucked and the floors are made of pallets which also would have been chucked. Also have a window of plexy glass from hubbies work, they have a lot of it. He got all this stuff from the furniture factory he works at. They throw out gobs of wood. He operates the saw. In the winter they throw out pieces of untreated kiln dried wood. That stuff rocks in a wood burning stove. I can easily have the house at 80 degrees 🔥

:yesss: Great job on resourcing all that free material for your builds. It really adds up fast.

In the winter they throw out pieces of untreated kiln dried wood. That stuff rocks in a wood burning stove. I can easily have the house at 80 degrees 🔥

:mad: I'd be burning up with the house at 80F degrees in the winter. I don't have a wood burning stove, so I have to pay for my off peak electricity to heat the house. We keep the thermostat at 63F in the winter - but we wear sweaters and socks in slippers in the winter.

:idunno I wonder if some pallet wood would make good firewood in a wood burning stove? I have lots of pallets that look like they have not been treated with any chemicals. They just have the stamp HT for heat treated. I would think those cutoffs and bits and ends you don't want to keep would be good in the wood stove.

I find your planters very visually appealing. I can picture bright pink flowers in them 🌺

Thanks. Dear Wife loves her colorful flowers, and pink is one of her favorites. I'll mention that to her. Or maybe not, because if I mention anything she will probably rule it out because it was my suggestion.... :smack I know she will have filled with flowers next spring.

The first pallet coop. Way to small I have to crawl in to get the eggs from that group. Never again will I make one that small.

:old I hear you. I made my coop walk-in so I don't have to bend over, or crawl, anywhere in the coop. Having said that, I think a person could design and build a small coop but make it totally accessible by either having large doors or just having an entire wall drop down for access. Being small does not necessarily mean it's hard to access.

Similar here. There are about 20 pallets in my coop build. I didn't take them apart though. I tried to use them whole as much as possible.

It's great when you can use the entire pallet without having to break it down. I think if you got pallets all the same design and size, then you have more options.

Maybe it really depends on where you get your pallets. My primary source is our local Harbor Freight, and they seem to never get two pallets of the same design or size. Lots of variety in their pallets. To my advantage, I built a garage workbench out of two 6 1/2 foot long HF pallets without breaking them down. Used one for the top and the second pallet for a shelf underneath. Just added additional boards to fill in the gaps on the work surfaces.

The other day, HF threw out some 8 foot long pallets and one 10 foot long pallet. That was like finding gold for me because they had complete 2X4 stretchers without the slots cut out for the forklift. I don't know what I will build with those long 2X4's, but they are practically brand new. Anybody got some suggestions on what to do with 8 and 10 foot long 2X4's?

Back
Top Bottom