Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Pics
Why do I not think to find a tutorial when I have a problem? I don't know!

:idunno Sometimes a person just does not know what questions to ask. I have used pocket hole screws for a number of years, but always with same sized wood. My boards always came out perfectly flush and never needed any rework. However, this was the first time I used uneven pallet wood and the results were less than perfect. I was able to fix it with rework, but at that point I knew what questions to ask and then found the YouTube video that showed me a better way.

It's funny how there are all these tutorials out there and I'm over here trying to figure things out on my own. I'm weird like that. That's how I like to learn - by doing, not by reading or watching a video. But I obvious should be looking up how to do things correctly and efficiently...I just don't want to!! So thanks for forcing me to see these tips. :)
I'm the same way.... I tend to just go look at what I have and get started.

I used to buy books about building sheds etc and read them. Now days it's all free and online...so easy!

Anyway, really enjoying looking on here and seeing ideas, how tos and finished projects. 😃

My feedback is they are gorgeous! Tell your wife you deserve a good back-scratching for such fine work. :). Pie works too... 🥧

Thank you. Hope you enjoy the thread. Lots of good stuff to look at here, especially if you are interested in using pallet wood to make something.

I love pallets, and I love this thread! A winery right down the road from us has tons of free pallets which we've been collecting for a while, with the intent of building a shed for hay and other storage. In keeping with the free theme I wanted to find one of those metal sheds people are always giving away and repurpose the metal into roofing. Out of the blue, our neighbor lets us know he has a shed we can have, so we finally started on our pallet shed!

To make our lives a little easier we decided to use the metal roof in one complete piece and just walked it down the road to our place. This decreased my original plan of a 12x12 shed to an 8x8, but it'll still work well and just needs to last us a few years. We got the three walls up on Saturday then put the roof on top just to see how it would look (pretty darn awesome!). Sunday we got the front up and I spent a lot of time getting a nicely leveled door frame in with scrap 2x4s we had from other projects.

The next steps are taking apart tons of pallets to place slats over the gaps of the walls and making custom double doors out of, you guessed it, pallet slats. Then we'll sure up and caulk the roof before placing it back up and securing it. It's turning out to be a great solid structure and I'm so excited to gain this storage and clean up the mess of pallets we were collecting!

Attachments

• 20220829_160754.jpg
    20220829_160754.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220829_160808.jpg
    20220829_160808.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220829_160833.jpg
    20220829_160833.jpg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 7
I love pallets, and I love this thread! A winery right down the road from us has tons of free pallets which we've been collecting for a while, with the intent of building a shed for hay and other storage. In keeping with the free theme I wanted to find one of those metal sheds people are always giving away and repurpose the metal into roofing. Out of the blue, our neighbor lets us know he has a shed we can have, so we finally started on our pallet shed!

To make our lives a little easier we decided to use the metal roof in one complete piece and just walked it down the road to our place. This decreased my original plan of a 12x12 shed to an 8x8, but it'll still work well and just needs to last us a few years. We got the three walls up on Saturday then put the roof on top just to see how it would look (pretty darn awesome!). Sunday we got the front up and I spent a lot of time getting a nicely leveled door frame in with scrap 2x4s we had from other projects.

The next steps are taking apart tons of pallets to place slats over the gaps of the walls and making custom double doors out of, you guessed it, pallet slats. Then we'll sure up and caulk the roof before placing it back up and securing it. It's turning out to be a great solid structure and I'm so excited to gain this storage and clean up the mess of pallets we were collecting!
Looking great!

A winery right down the road from us has tons of free pallets which we've been collecting for a while, with the intent of building a shed for hay and other storage.

That's fantastic. I don't have that many pallets for use, but, someday I think I would like to build a pallet shed, too. I would put it out by my chicken coop and run. Maybe store dry leaves and wood chips, feed, supplies, etc....

The next steps are taking apart tons of pallets to place slats over the gaps

Please post some pics and your thoughts on using pallet wood as siding on your shed. I know there are many different ways of using pallet wood as siding, but I have not decided what method I might use. It would be great to hear from someone actually building a pallet shed and what method of siding you go with on the project.

And, of course, I'm interested in what you come up with for the big doors.

Anyway, hope you continue to post some progress pics. Everyone loves seeing a big project coming together.

Looking great!

Thank you! So far it is matching the vision in my head!

That's fantastic. I don't have that many pallets for use, but, someday I think I would like to build a pallet shed, too. I would put it out by my chicken coop and run. Maybe store dry leaves and wood chips, feed, supplies, etc....

Please post some pics and your thoughts on using pallet wood as siding on your shed. I know there are many different ways of using pallet wood as siding, but I have not decided what method I might use. It would be great to hear from someone actually building a pallet shed and what method of siding you go with on the project.

And, of course, I'm interested in what you come up with for the big doors.

Anyway, hope you continue to post some progress pics. Everyone loves seeing a big project coming together.

Absolutely, I'm excited to share this journey and see how everything goes with this. I looked at some other pallet shed builds but I'm mostly winging it, so I will likely run into problems! I would much rather have the slats fitted together so it's all one flat surface, but this is temporary so we're going with a less time and labor intensive option. The main goal is to keep the hay dry!

Absolutely, I'm excited to share this journey and see how everything goes with this.

I know I will be looking forward to more pics and progress on your shed build.

I looked at some other pallet shed builds but I'm mostly winging it, so I will likely run into problems! I would much rather have the slats fitted together so it's all one flat surface, but this is temporary so we're going with a less time and labor intensive option. The main goal is to keep the hay dry!

If you do run into problems, please update us along the way. I have learned some good lessons from my mistakes, or difficulties. If I can learn from someone else and not have the same problems, all the better for me. Dealing with pallet and/or reclaimed wood presents issues that you might not experience if you just bought new lumber from the big box stores. But, this thread is on pallet builds and maybe saving some money, so we need to help each other overcome problems that might come up using pallet wood.

Anyways, looks like you are off to a great start on your pallet shed build. Take some time to update and share the experience with us if you can. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom