Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

my new battery angle grinder and impact driver work great. both of them have a set of 2 batteries. angle grinder has 21v and 4 ah batteries and impact driver 36v and 8 ah (instead of 5 ah as advertised). I am very happy about it. the stolen one (driver) was 18v, not sure about battery but I think 1,5 ah. angle grinder was electrical and not convenient at all as I am now working away from any socket.

I have a lot of 4 Ah batteries. They are pretty much the standard for my tool line. The 8 Ah battery must be a monster compared to your old 1.5 Ah batteries!

I have one big 9 Ah battery but it's so heavy that I really only use it in my lawn mower. No doubt it would run a drill or saw for days and days. But I prefer to use the smaller - yet big enough - 4 Ah batteries for most of my hand tools.

I have both electric and battery angle grinders. Mostly I use the battery grinder because it's just so convenient. Seems like when I need that grinder I am always somewhere out in the yard without any electrical socket in sight.

If I remember correctly, you were going to rebuild a chicken coop. Have you started that yet? I know you said you don't have the ability to post pictures, but it would be great to hear what you are doing just the same. Maybe paint a picture with words.

I accidentally shot myself, through my hand and leg with a 9mm pistol

:eek: That's not good! At least you are alive to talk about it. I have heard of some people that shot their head off cleaning an "empty" gun. I don't know what your gun accident was, but it's good to hear you survived.

:old When I was a young kid taking my first gun safety course from the NRA, we were always told that you always handle every gun as if it was loaded. Always. I think that was good advice.

👨‍⚕️💊:fl Wishing you a good recovery.

⚠️ Learned a lot today...

I finished building my 4-tier stackable compost bin this afternoon. I'll be posting some pictures of my actual build in a day or two. For now, just wanted to mention that I solved the challenges I was having using pallet wood and making sure that the legs all interlocked. I learned something new when I built each of the 4 tiers. I also got faster with each successive tier. Nothing like actual experience to teach you how to do it better.

Google picture of design...

1707368508454.png

One issue I wanted to try was using some cupped pallet wood planks for the build. I had to build and rebuild that one compost bin tier 3 times before I got it right once! Lesson learned - don't bother using cupped boards. Saving money using pallet wood is a great idea, but using cupped boards is not. At least, not for the project I was working on today.

1707367120146.png
1707367150393.png

Well, I was not too optimistic about using those couple of cupped planks, and I won't use them again for this type of project, but I was finally able to get it the point where it was usable. After all, I was building a compost bin and not a kitchen cupboard.

:lau At the completion of this 4-tier stackable compost bin project, you would think that I had it all figured out. However, at the end of it all, I have even more thoughts on how to do it better next time! So, I might build another stackable compost bin and try a bunch of other ideas to see how they work out, or not.

:caf Even though it's late at night, I'm still bouncing around ideas in my head to improve the build. But that's what I like about dealing with non-standard pallet wood. It makes me think how best to use the wood and what modifications to a "normal" wood project with standard lumber would be required to turn it into a good pallet wood design. If Dear Wife was not already in bed sleeping, I would be back out in the attached garage banging out a few more ideas that I want to try.

:smack Best not to wake up Dear Wife...

💲💲💲 I did a quick cost comparison of this project, and if I bought the cheapest pine board from our local big box store, it would have cost me about $55.00 for the lumber. I reused, recycled, repurposed pallet wood and made it for FREE. Of course, there is a little money spent on screws for this project, but I used a bucket of old rusty screws that I salvaged from another job. Seemed to work perfectly for the compost bin look. Later...

I have a lot of 4 Ah batteries. They are pretty much the standard for my tool line. The 8 Ah battery must be a monster compared to your old 1.5 Ah batteries!

I have one big 9 Ah battery but it's so heavy that I really only use it in my lawn mower. No doubt it would run a drill or saw for days and days. But I prefer to use the smaller - yet big enough - 4 Ah batteries for most of my hand tools.

I have both electric and battery angle grinders. Mostly I use the battery grinder because it's just so convenient. Seems like when I need that grinder I am always somewhere out in the yard without any electrical socket in sight.

If I remember correctly, you were going to rebuild a chicken coop. Have you started that yet? I know you said you don't have the ability to post pictures, but it would be great to hear what you are doing just the same. Maybe paint a picture with words.

as my geese don't enter the pallet coop I am going to enlarge my iron pen for them. it is placed at the far end of my property. although I can bring power cable cord extension it is a pain and it would pass through the foraging birds (lots of poop). at the same time house door should stay open and that's not a good idea. gypsies here enter and rob at day time while people are around.

as my geese don't enter the pallet coop I am going to enlarge my iron pen for them. it is placed at the far end of my property. although I can bring power cable cord extension it is a pain and it would pass through the foraging birds (lots of poop). at the same time house door should stay open and that's not a good idea. gypsies here enter and rob at day time while people are around.

Sorry to hear that. When I was stationed in southern Italy, we had problems with children being sent out to check out potential houses to rob. They would hang their backpack on the gate or fence. Then the adults would drive up and rob the place. So, I know what it is like to live in a situation like that. I just don't have any suggestions to stop it. Unfortunately, the local police were considered more of a problem than the robbers. You just could not win. I am glad we don't live there anymore.

:fl Hope you keep your new tools safe from the robbers.

Sorry to hear that. When I was stationed in southern Italy, we had problems with children being sent out to check out potential houses to rob. They would hang their backpack on the gate or fence. Then the adults would drive up and rob the place. So, I know what it is like to live in a situation like that. I just don't have any suggestions to stop it. Unfortunately, the local police were considered more of a problem than the robbers. You just could not win. I am glad we don't live there anymore.

:fl Hope you keep your new tools safe from the robbers.

I know what situation in southern italy is. it is spreading all over the world now. as for my new tools I will bring them in my car with me when I leave the house. my laptop as well. some kids from the village steal phones and laptops. that's why I suspect that pakistani guy. only he and a friend's nephew knew I would be away. the kid would have stolen my laptop God forbid.

Back
Top Bottom