Sick bird, no vet availability

SarahLadd

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 23, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
I've called every vet within a 50 mile radius that will see chickens and no one has any openings for us. I've called 5 vets. I'm out of options for professional help and I've tried the best I can to get it so that means I'm the vet.

Bird was normal before work 4/24 9 am. Came home at 6:30 to droopy bird. Let flock out to forage and she stayed behind to stand around outside the door. Walks slow and awkwardly. I brought her inside for the evening. Crop empty except for water. She will sit at the water and sip every minute until it comes pouring back out her mouth. Picture is of poop when I first brought her in, second picture is morning poop at my back door. She seems to labor breathing.

She weighs 630g. She is 2 years old. I have given her one dose of doxy-tyl and .5ml meloxicam for pain.
It kinda looks like EYP.

What can I do for her?

video shot at 10pm 4/24
20240424_201112.jpg
20240424_201100.jpg
20240424_203156.jpg
20240425_082351.jpg

Yes but she isn't eating much. I am watching her pick at grass a little. She won't eat meal worms. The poop she makes is watery with little in solids and virtually no smell
She has laid a perfectly normal looking egg.
An egg is excellent and helps rule some stuff out!

The crop condition still desperately needs to be addressed hopefully before she aspirates any fluid into her lungs.. it's a dangerous condition. Did you read that link?

:fl

Back
Top Bottom