CROOKED DUCK! !?!?!? HELP!!!

Quackers3211

Songster
May 18, 2018
I adopted 8 sick ducks recently and they are starting to improve. The previous owner kept them in a dirt patch with no water. They lost their ability to make normal duck noises but seem to be regaining that.
I have one though that is just crooked!
It walks around and swims just fine. He also eats and drinks just fine.
He isn’t as active as the other ducks but otherwise is fine.
He is 3 months old.

1BDEF6C1-7CD2-43BE-B5BF-BE76D891F872.jpeg
43D46F6A-51E2-4707-8293-ACB0F6843999.jpeg
FED41AB2-1957-430C-828D-15EE6A618308.jpeg

He could have suffered from vitamin or mineral deficiency that has caused a crooked spine and other bone deformities, but it also could be wry tail. I would give them some poultry vitamins that include the B vitamins. Instead Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell 3 ml daily would work. You are kind to try to give them a good home.

Thank you. I’m just trying my best to help them get better. I’ll look into the vitamins. Can you get that at a feed store?

The pictures don’t show it as well but he is pretty crooked. I think it is probably a bone deformity.
Can this be corrected?

There are 2 conditions called kinky back and scoliosis that affect the back, and can make them look crooked or have one shoulder higher than the other. The breastbone (keel) can also be crooked, and that is a common deformity.

Giving vitamins now could help with overall health since these chickens may be malnourished. You can get many different vitamin or vitamin mineral supplements for poultry at most feed stores. NutriDrench and Poultry Cell can be given orally, and the powder ones can be put in water. Human B complex can be crushed and sprinkled on food.

My Darla is the same way (white chest with the black speckles)!! The others are fine but she was a bit runty when I got her and has become crooked... it makes me worry alot
20190708_185548.jpg
20190708_185554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom