How can I treat water belly in ducks naturally?

Thank you
Since you were asking how to treat water belly naturally, I had a hen once who had some reproductive issue going on, and she had a bloated abdomen. I made a cinnamon oregano mixture, gave it to her, and the swelling in her abdomen amazingly went down a bit. Its not a way to treat, since water belly really can't be treated, but its something that could help with the swelling.
If I remember correctly, fill a medium sized sauce pan half way full with water and bring to a boil. Then put half a cinnamon stick and a tablespoon of dried oregano and boil for 15 minutes, then let cool.
I would keep it in a pitcher in the fridge. But it could get stained from the cinnamon.

Since you were asking how to treat water belly naturally, I had a hen once who had some reproductive issue going on, and she had a bloated abdomen. I made a cinnamon oregano mixture, gave it to her, and the swelling in her abdomen amazingly went down a bit. Its not a way to treat, since water belly really can't be treated, but its something that could help with the swelling.
If I remember correctly, fill a medium sized sauce pan half way full with water and bring to a boil. Then put half a cinnamon stick and a tablespoon of dried oregano and boil for 15 minutes, then let cool.
I would keep it in a pitcher in the fridge. But it could get stained from the cinnamon.
I read different viewpoints about oregano. Some say it works & others say oregano is not good for poultry. Same about garlic.

I read different viewpoints about oregano. Some say it works & others say oregano is not good for poultry. Same about garlic.
BYC is pretty much all for whatever you want to do, do it, but if you want to do what's best, someone will suggest it from their experience and knowledge. That said, there are a few that do not give much merit to many herbs and spices. I believe none will cure a chicken of anything, but I use many things that perhaps help the health of chickens and may prevent them from becoming ill.

Our BYC Project Manager wrote this article about herbs that I have bookmarked and refer to often.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/top-50-herbs-for-your-chickens.77443/

For my hen it seemed to help, and it didn't seem like it did any harm. I think it would only be harmful in larger amounts.
I know many people say natural things don't work for illnesses (like the oregano and garlic), but I mean, if there's soo much info out there on using natural things, it must do something at least.

Oh, and that recipe I found was actually on here many years ago before I was even a member. I didn't save that post but I've just remembered that recipe since.

For my hen it seemed to help, and it didn't seem like it did any harm. I think it would only be harmful in larger amounts.
I know many people say natural things don't work for illnesses (like the oregano and garlic), but I mean, if there's soo much info out there on using natural things, it must do something at least.

Oh, and that recipe I found was actually on here many years ago before I was even a member. I didn't save that post but I've just remembered that recipe since.
Ok, thank you.

BYC is pretty much all for whatever you want to do, do it, but if you want to do what's best, someone will suggest it from their experience and knowledge. That said, there are a few that do not give much merit to many herbs and spices. I believe none will cure a chicken of anything, but I use many things that perhaps help the health of chickens and may prevent them from becoming ill.

Our BYC Project Manager wrote this article about herbs that I have bookmarked and refer to often.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/top-50-herbs-for-your-chickens.77443/
Thank you for the link.

Back
Top Bottom