I left washed eggs out overnight. Safe to eat?

Safe to eat?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think that they should be fine for just one night. There are many people on here who believe highly in not refrigerating farm fresh eggs. I read that in Europe they don't refrigerate them either, but this is with the intent on using them within a reasonable amount of time- someone on one of these threads quoted an article that said 1 day on the counter= 1 week in the fridge. To wash or not to wash is raging debate, but if you do wash, wash them in warm water

I always wash dirty eggs under running warm water and scrub with a pan scrubber and washing up detergent, rinse under running warm water and place on a clean towel to air dry. I do not place in the fridge after washing like this and have on occasion eaten eggs that have sat on the counter several weeks after washing like this without a problem. The important thing is that they remain clean and dry.

Your eggs are probably fine to eat as they are but if you want to be sure you could wash them again under running warm water with some antibacterial soap, just so that any bacteria absorbed into the shell is pushed out by the expanding egg in the heat of the water and killed.

Back
Top Bottom