LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

You just made me look up Aylesbury because I've never heard of that breed

@BelovedBirds was the one to first introduce the breed to me, and I think they're really pretty. Yall know I'm not the biggest fan of LF (is that a proper duck term?) mallard-derived duck breeds, but Aylesbury, runners, Welshies(?), some magpies, and a particular colour of another breed I can't remember are the exceptions

@BelovedBirds was the one to first introduce the breed to me, and I think they're really pretty. Yall know I'm not the biggest fan of LF (is that a proper duck term?) mallard-derived duck breeds, but Aylesbury, runners, Welshies(?), some magpies, and a particular colour of another breed I can't remember are the exceptions
I'll give you a hint, it's not really a common duck breed that gets talked about on here

IMG_7730.jpeg
First little baby, two days early

Dogs found a nest of these, in a bush thats in front of the dog area door :th.I saw 2-3 that are fine and sadly 1 casualty

View attachment 3821589
Pheasant chicks?
Well my question has been answered after going to check now I have another one :thI went to check and found mother pheasant sitting near the bush mostly in the open, is she going to wonder off? Or is she a more permanent garden fixture? She is not in a very dog safe area, I am worried about forgetting and just letting the dogs out!

View attachment 3821527First little baby, two days early
I'm sorry, is this chick in a little gift bag? This may be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I would like a chick in a gift bag please.
(Why are the eggs in little pouches- is that so they don't smother/roll unhatched siblings around the incubator, or?)

This is your daily reminder to never release goldfish into a stream!
(As if anyone here needs one)

I'm so ticked off this morning. We saw a goldfish at the very bottom of a stream yesterday, mere metres from going into the sea. After the current sweeping her down several small waterfalls, she was struggling to swim against the current anymore.
We went back very very early this morning with a bucket hoping she was still there, and she was, but dead- after presumably washing up onto a piece of land and being taken by rats.

Awfully depressing.
And I hate people.

I will be walking upstream today with a bag, and if there's any others dumped I will be netting them immediately. Not convinced there will be anymore though, I have a theory that this fish was sick (I believe carp pox) and that the owner dumped it because they couldn't be bothered with treatment or culling. Pathetic.

Still, I will check regardless, it'll set my mind at ease.
:th

Back
Top Bottom