Mille fleur silkie project

Good idea. But Lauren Taylor is breeding Satins right?

She's got both Satins and Silkies. The Silkies are a newer venture as she wanted to get the colour right in the Satins first, as we know the Silkie feathering can muddy up the colours! It made sense to me anyway lol If you look in her latest videos, you see the young Silkies she's got going.

Thanks!

The last time I checked I only saw satins🤷‍♀️ My bad

It does make sense to use Satins to get the colour right. I'm definitely gonna be focused on the Silkie side of things though I think from the start. I think our Pekin Bantams are pretty complimentary to the Silkies here in terms of similar body structure, size, foot fluff etc. We're limited in the breeds the mille fleur gene comes in here, and they were the most similar in body type I could find.

It does make sense to use Satins to get the colour right. I'm definitely gonna be focused on the Silkie side of things though I think from the start. I think our Pekin Bantams are pretty complimentary to the Silkies here in terms of similar body structure, size, foot fluff etc. We're limited in the breeds the mille fleur gene comes in here, and they were the most similar in body type I could find.
I wish I had a millie fleur pekin😍 But I only have a gold wheaton one. She's beautiful... Ehhm... When she's not muddy

I wish I had a millie fleur pekin😍 But I only have a gold wheaton one. She's beautiful... Ehhm... When she's not muddy

I feel you! We're in Summer now but our Winter... It was pure mud around here, and we're on the side of a hill even! I'm in the process of securing some mille fleur Pekin eggs (everything has to be shipped here as it seems we have no breeders of anything decent nearby) to pop into the 'bator once my Araucana eggs are out. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom