Modifications Made On Homemade Fridgebator

rgvchicks

Songster
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
Roma Texas
so my friend farmer brought me a surprise this morning.......gave me 150 eggs of mixed breeds of his farm.....got all excited and turned on my fridgebator who was resting after it's last crazy hatch...
thumbsup.gif
.....anyways, i planning on setting some shelves for incubating this coming weekend but got all excited with all them eggs so i went ahead and laid my fridgebator on its back and set all 5 cartons and instead of manually turning each egg, i'm gonna turn the full cartons like i did on my last hatch.....hopefully everything goes well.....here some pics.....
ya.gif

Last edited:
no one else set eggs yesterday???????????.............. this is day one for me.............
wee.gif
..........countdown started.......20 more days to go........
ya.gif

darn, you beat me by 28 eggs.............
bow.gif
........welcome to the party......
bun.gif
..........and GOOD LUCK.......this is day 2 for me......19 more days to go.......hatch date 4/25 or 4/26.......
thumbsup.gif

I just set 42 buckeyes 36 RIR 36 DEL and 100 Aus tonight so day one for me tomorrow.

lets say they are all "mutts" my friend who has his farm next door has a hole bunch of chickens out in open range .....we talki about orphingtons, barred rocks, rhode islands, leghorns, naked necks, wheatons, summers, easter eggs, etc....allong with all his roosters.........so as i can have some purebreed i can also have some mix crosses........
idunno.gif
............but hey.....they were all free.......cant argue that......
celebrate.gif

What type of birds are you setting?

I set 230 eggs on the same day as you. They are barred rock X production red (black sexlink) eggs. I also have a home made incubator that I made out of a broken freezer. I just got some trays so I can tilt the eggs (kind of like you are doing) that are also stackable. It was really hard hand turning all those eggs, and at times have been hand turning around 400 eggs 3 times a day.

welcome to the party.......nice to see folks setting big numbers........
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

I set 230 eggs on the same day as you. They are barred rock X production red (black sexlink) eggs. I also have a home made incubator that I made out of a broken freezer. I just got some trays so I can tilt the eggs (kind of like you are doing) that are also stackable. It ..really hard hand turning all those eggs, and at times have been hand turning around 400 eggs 3 times a day.

I set 230 eggs on the same day as you. They are barred rock X production red (black sexlink) eggs. I also have a home made incubator that I made out of a broken freezer. I just got some trays so I can tilt the eggs (kind of like you are doing) that are also stackable. It was really hard hand turning all those eggs, and at times have been hand turning around 400 eggs 3 times a day.

400 eggs 3 times a day Ugh. Sounds like a full time job almost.

Back
Top Bottom