I was trying to take pictures of the heathens and for some reason, a few didn't turn out at all. It's really dark in the barn today, but here's what did come out.
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

Hi, Lisa, miss you! Magnus is that gorgeous pocket watch gold color, while Forrest is a bit lighter. I love Calico! Cricket, the buff pullet, always wants to be cuddled. And my splash who has almost no splash feathers, Luna, keeps flying to the top of the 6 ft wall and I have to raise a pooper scooper for her to step on so I can get her down. I had no idea they would fly that high. Now, Belgian D'Anvers I expect that from, but these, I just didn't. They are so adorable, all of them, but now the boys are chasing the girls with a vengeance. Gunnar and Bodie have to save the EE pullets from Magnus constantly. It's ON with the hormones at 15 1/2 weeks.

Those little Cochin boys are very hormonal teenagers. They will drive me bananas. They all do settle eventually and become wonderful little rooster.

Your EE are bantam or standard? I also have some bantam EE. I enjoy their little green eggs.

Sorry I have been awol. I needed a break from some social stuff on BYC. It's not normal for me to socialize so much. :)

The EEs are standards. I chose them partly because they are smaller bodied large fowl, generally. One of them is chunkier than the others, a very flighty splash girl I named Shelby, but overall, they're all lean and I figured it might even be possible for the little Cochin guys to breed them.

Back
Top Bottom