➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I only think they are quail because I see the little dark specks in the juice...that happens sometimes when you crack quail eggs....it rubs off the shell or something.
I could be totally wrong though.

So how do you keep the black specs out of the eggs? I got the Amazonian egg scissors and they work well, but do leave the black specks. And some tiny shell fragments.

The girls thought the scissors were precious. Cracking just made a mess.

So how do you keep the black specs out of the eggs? I got the Amazonian egg scissors and they work well, but do leave the black specks. And some tiny shell fragments.

The girls thought the scissors were precious. Cracking just made a mess.
I tear the air cell side of the shell off then pour the egg out.
I wasn't too careful with last night's opening but I can usually keep all specks out this way.

My scissors remove the end completely. Is that not what y'all are doing?
I haven't gotten scissors yet but I did try regular house scissors and they worked fine, I think.
I just don't mind breaking them open for now.

My scissors remove the end completely. Is that not what y'all are doing?
Yes, snip the end off and pour. Then shake to get the big yolks out.
The scissors make black specs and shell particles. Good calcium for the diet.

If you puncture and rip, less mess, missy? I shall try it with the few remaining kitchen eggs.

My hubby loves watching YouTube "hacks"..... things done creatively that you may have never thought would work... or neat homemade things that make you slap your head and wonder why you never knew it.

Anyway, I saw one that said to use the empty egg shell to grab specks and shell pieces. Its like they gravitate to the shell! I still haven't tried it yet :idunno

Back
Top Bottom