āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

They're idk the kc has them?
https://kcquailfarm.com/product/golden-hatching-eggs/
Supposed to have shiny eggz

Oh, golden layers!

I don't think their eggs are nearly as unusual as the celadon, they've just been selecting for ones that don't tend to lay eggs with that extra chalky calcium-layer-thing. I certainly have a bunch that lay eggs that look like those, but I have a bunch that lay eggs that look different too, if that makes sense.

If you want bam, go celadon! They look like little robin eggs.

Oh, golden layers!

I don't think their eggs are nearly as unusual as the celadon, they've just been selecting for ones that don't tend to lay eggs with that extra chalky calcium-layer-thing. I certainly have a bunch that lay eggs that look like those, but I have a bunch that lay eggs that look different too, if that makes sense.

If you want bam, go celadon! They look like little robin eggs.
Yessss. Idk. We will seeeeee. What if they made a super shiny celadon....

so we built our garden box in the aviary a couple days ago.....waiting for everything to dry so we can finish tilling last part of yard to fill with soil. I was concerned at first about quail getting into the box but have figured out that the females like to get in there to ā€œhideā€ from the males!! :lau I was all set to butcher some this weekend but hubby is actually the one that backed out.....he now thinks I need to grow out a couple more batches before removing any!!:th

@Texas Kiki.....I was just perusing the hatch list....We havenā€™t added the 15 from 4/21 hatch. Also wondering if easier to combine mine into monthly #ā€™s as Iā€™m running out of room on the list! :gig
@CayugaJana what was your final # on the tibetan hatch??

countdown is on for May!! Lockdown Thursday for Sat/Sun hatch! broodys should hatch by Friday if viable.:barnie:pop

Two more eggs tonight. One has an off white background, and navy blue-ish spots.
12F8058B-EF54-4F8A-83C2-C2A2F4AEB08F.jpeg

@Texas Kiki.....I was just perusing the hatch list....We havenā€™t added the 15 from 4/21 hatch. Also wondering if easier to combine mine into monthly #ā€™s as Iā€™m running out of room on the list! :gig
@CayugaJana what was your final # on the tibetan hatch??

countdown is on for May!! Lockdown Thursday for Sat/Sun hatch! broodys should hatch by Friday if viable.:barnie:pop
I think it was 120. Iā€™ve slept since then so we can just go with that.

GQF & Dickeys are very good. If you can find an old GQF 1202, I like them better than the new ones.
I agree, the old GQF 1200 and 1202 are the best. The newer ones are easier to clean but I think the older models work better. I have 1 1200 and 2 1202's

I agree, the old GQF 1200 and 1202 are the best. The newer ones are easier to clean but I think the older models work better. I have 1 1200 and 2 1202's
The design for the air flow is much better on the old ones. The air intake is at the top in the back with the outlet at the bottom in the back. The newer Sporstman has the air intake at the top in the back and the outlet at the top in the front.

Back
Top Bottom