➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Can anyone tell me the difference between wilds and pharaoh/Egyptians? They look the same to me.

"Wild type" is a genetic term. It means the gene/trait that is most prevalent in wild populations—i.e., not mutated. Wild type Japanese quail have the color phenotype of wild Coturnix—we've just given this color a common name, Pharaoh.

Are you referring to the myshire ones? Because I think they are trying to brand a specific color as Egyptian. In most of the literature I have found on coturnix, the "wild" type is called pharaoh or Egyptian.

Are you referring to the myshire ones? Because I think they are trying to brand a specific color as Egyptian. In most of the literature I have found on coturnix, the "wild" type is called pharaoh or Egyptian.

I thought Egyptians were what some people called roux dilute? I've only ever heard people call the typical brown birds wild type or Pharaoh.

Jumbos! Jumbos! Jumbos! Jumbos!

:pop

You’re going to have much better luck with the jumbos, just don’t off your most rowdy boy in the very beginning again. ;)
That was a huge mistake.

Would you believe the only make I kept from that first batch does not crow.

He has maybe 5 times total.

I'm beginning to think he isn't so normal and maybe that's why he doesn't mate all of his girlfriends. It part if the reason why.

Back
Top Bottom