➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I've been dealing with pain in my right leg since I was 13, first time I had any broken bones...ankle was crushed by a 2,000lb bull...so i just ignore the pain until it's so great that most peeps would have been bawling, then I might rest it for awhile, most of the time I can't get off my feet for a very long period of time, so just keep on keeping on. :lol:

Oh wow that sounds awful! I’m sorry!! :hugs

Meanwhile I’m over here thinking my little shin pain/soreness from walking too much yesterday is bad :lau :oops:

I will never complain about that again lmao

I've been dealing with pain in my right leg since I was 13, first time I had any broken bones...ankle was crushed by a 2,000lb bull...so i just ignore the pain until it's so great that most peeps would have been bawling, then I might rest it for awhile, most of the time I can't get off my feet for a very long period of time, so just keep on keeping on. :lol:

Tbh I really do admire you Sean. You seem to have been through so much yet it doesn’t phase you and you still go with a smile on your face. You also have the highest pain tolerance I think I’ve ever seen. :lau

Meanwhile I might be the total opposite. :lau

Total wimp, baby, etc. when it comes to pain :lau :oops:

Oh wow that sounds awful! I’m sorry!! :hugs

Meanwhile I’m over here thinking my little shin pain/soreness from walking too much yesterday is bad :lau :oops:

I will never complain about that again lmao
:lau peeps have different tolerances to pain...mines just off the scale, they need to come up with a new scale! :lau
The worst part is, compensating has compressed the nerves, now my left arm and hand go numb from the compression. It's not too bad if I shift my weight from my left leg to the right leg but stupid me, doesn't think about doing that until I'm already in serious pain....and so it goes. Need to have a :rantwith my inner self and straighten out it's priorities! :lau

:lau peeps have different tolerances to pain...mines just off the scale, they need to come up with a new scale! :lau
The worst part is, compensating has compressed the nerves, now my left arm and hand go numb from the compression. It's not too bad if I shift my weight from my left leg to the right leg but stupid me, doesn't think about doing that until I'm already in serious pain....and so it goes. Need to have a :rantwith my inner self and straighten out it's priorities! :lau

:lau I guess that’s good. Not many people could handle it!!

And oh wow that’s awful! Nerve pain is the worst. I sometimes get tingling or numbness in my hands I think from carpal tunnel and it’s no fun. Haven’t had it lately luckily or at least not often but it definitely sucks so I somewhat get what you’re dealing with at least on that front.

And :lau you definitely need to have a talk with yourself!! And try to shift/balance it more haha

:lau I guess that’s good. Not many people could handle it!!

And oh wow that’s awful! Nerve pain is the worst. I sometimes get tingling or numbness in my hands I think from carpal tunnel and it’s no fun. Haven’t had it lately luckily or at least not often but it definitely sucks so I somewhat get what you’re dealing with at least on that front.

And :lau you definitely need to have a talk with yourself!! And try to shift/balance it more haha
:lau that's the problem, I don't realize it's happening until its unbearable because of the high tolerance, kinda like a runny nose, it's a bother but not debilitating.

No ma'am. Im sorry i wasnt clear enough but they all hatched together and then brooded together the first week. I would be more concerned if there were a high number of chicks(like 25 chicks to 2 quailies) or if they stayed in the hatcher for a long time. Your welcome. Are you going to keep any of these or are they also hatching for customers?
Ok, so at Lockdown yesterday I put 7 chicken and 2 quail eggs in the same hatcher. Will see what happens and who survives.
The quails I'll keep for myself. They are from my own eggs and I need a refill after the dog attacks.
Thanks Kiki... Won't stop me from doing the 10 day course. :)
I have hatched, and for a short time, brooded together chicken and coturnix chicks. It can be done, but there is the danger that the chicken chick will step on the coturnix chick and potentially cause injury. The coturnix were pretty good about not getting stepped on by the "giants" after a while together but not when they first hatched. The coturnix would also run up to the chicken chicks and shove themselves underneath their body, often causing the chicken chick to lose its balance.
Oh, Ok. I brooder them together in the past no issues. The quails were curious and pecking the chicks but they all happily slept together on the top of each other.
@Matieus27 the ones with the dots on their heads are full white Jumboes (I think called TexasA&M). We have them a lot here.

Back
Top Bottom