➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

:lau
Okay, I will try to avoid touching them. Though I really don’t know if I can only candle 3 or 4 times the entire hatch :th
:lau I think you’ve gotten lost on every one lately. That’s what happens when you miss even a second on some of the chattiest threads ever :lau
Largely so because of me :lau :oops:
Maybe I should keep track of all this stuff for my hatch too! I may weigh them too.
:lau now you’re giving me ideas for my hatch!! I just gotta stare at them all day LOL
I hope your hatch is better this time!! I just ordered a bunch of hygrometers and thermometers too haha
I ordered like 4 today cause I couldn’t decide on one :lau :oops:
Also ordered a pretty expensive pond filter today.
Was it here that Kiki was saying she wanted to approve all my purchases first? Welp, she’s gonna kill me :lau :oops:
And I love those cages!! OMG!!
:love
:lau OMG!
I don’t have any input but I just wanna say.... I didn’t know Gun Dog Supply has quail supplies! Although I guess it makes sense since people use gamebirds for hunting. But still. Looks like they only have a few things but that’s cool. I’ve ordered leashes from them before a couple times. Kinda random but yeah.
I didn't know we should candle them more than once:confused:.
You should see the crap, I mean "quail necessities" that I've HAD to buy lately..... artificial plants, sand, marbles (the postman thought something had broken inside that package), waterers, hardware cloth, baking pans, zip ties, clips, etc........ Amazon Prime is enjoying the quail industry. Luckily most of my wood for the pens has been out of scraps.

Break your phone and cut your cards up.
Me too? Please no!?!?:oops:

I just set 68 eggs. The eggs from the SSC collection are big. Some of them are downright huge. I hope they don't stop the rails from turning due to their size. I tried to put all of the biggest ones on the outside so they won't touch anything, but there were more oversized eggs than there are outside spots in the turning rails.
Those are all huge compared to Bobs eggs, they look like white marbles with a flat end!:love

Am I suppose to be weighing something or someone sometime?:confused:

I may have gone a little crazy today :oops:
But I thought I needed all this stuff??
Shhhhhhhhh, you're gonna get us all in trouble! :oops:

The egg on the bottom is from my covey (probably a falb fee hen). The one on the top is from the SSC collection.
View attachment 1953478
Look about the size of one of my pullets 1st eggs just laid today, the other egg is also from a pullet, like her 3rd egg.... can you tell which is the bantams egg?
20191106_101458.jpg

:eek: omg! That’s like the size of a chicken egg haha
See above photo!!! :yesss:

Here's the egg from my hen surrounded by the three biggest eggs from the SSC collection.
View attachment 1953484
Which hen are you setting the eggs of, besides the ssc?

Here's the egg from my hen surrounded by the three biggest eggs from the SSC collection.
View attachment 1953484

Wow!!

I didn't know we should candle them more than once:confused:.

Well you don’t have to but I thought most people candled at day 7, 10, and 18 for chicken eggs, don’t know about quail. And some do day 3 too. Good to check for clear (not fertile) eggs or early quitters so they don’t explode haha but some only candle right before lockdown to remove clears/bad ones or some don’t even candle. But you’re supposed to. Kiki candles daily. :lau

You should see the crap, I mean "quail necessities" that I've HAD to buy lately..... artificial plants, sand, marbles (the postman thought something had broken inside that package), waterers, hardware cloth, baking pans, zip ties, clips, etc........ Amazon Prime is enjoying the quail industry. Luckily most of my wood for the pens has been out of scraps.

:lau :gig :lau

This is totally me!! I’ve bought so many things I thought I “needed” but totally didn't :oops:

Most of this I probably would have bought in stores though :lau :p

Though I did buy a water wiggled thing to test the thermometers and more thermometers on Amazon instead of going to a store lol

Me too? Please no!?!?:oops:

Hey! If I have to do it so do you!!

Can’t get better without quitting first. :p

And gotta surrender all contraband before entering Kiki’s boot camp/shopping addiction detox/life skills camp :lau :p

Shhhhhhhhh, you're gonna get us all in trouble! :oops:

:lau sorry :oops:

Run for the hills!! We can hide there.

Look about the size of one of my pullets 1st eggs just laid today, the other egg is also from a pullet, like her 3rd egg.... can you tell which is the bantams egg?
View attachment 1953512

The opposite of which one I think!? :lau

See above photo!!! :yesss:

Nice!!

L.O.L....:gig:lau:gig:lau
I think you can see the handle of my new hatchet in that photo too!
Nice organized quail office desk/pen ceiling, right?

I am the most disorganized person ever LOL

Though actually I guess messy might be a better word for it. I know where everything is still. I’m organized in my own way. Just messy :lau:oops:

If someone moves my stuff though, which happens a lot here, then I can’t find it which annoys me! But as long as no one moves my stuff I always know where it is lol

Last edited:
Wow!!
Well you don’t have to but I thought most people candled at day 7, 10, and 18 for chicken eggs, don’t know about quail. And some do day 3 too. Good to check for clear (not fertile) eggs or early quitters so they don’t explode haha but some only candle right before lockdown to remove clears/bad ones or some don’t even candle. But you’re supposed to. Kiki candles daily. :lau
:lau :gig :lau
This is totally me!! I’ve bought so many things I thought I “needed” but totally didn't :oops:
Most of this I probably would have bought in stores though :lau :p
Though I did buy a water wiggled thing to test the thermometers and more thermometers on Amazon instead of going to a store lol
Hey! If I have to do it so do you!!
Can’t get better without quitting first. :p
And gotta surrender all contraband before entering Kiki’s boot camp/shopping addiction detox/life skills camp :lau :p
:lau sorry :oops:
Run for the hills!! We can hide there.
The opposite of which one I think!? :lau
Nice!!
I am the most disorganized person ever LOL
Though actually I guess messy might be a better word for it. I know where everything is still. I’m organized in my own way. Just messy :lau:oops:
If someone moves my stuff though, which happens a lot here, then I can’t find it which annoys me! But as long as no one moves my stuff I always know where it is lol
I mean, seriously, don't all people keep hammers, hatchets, eggs, light bulbs, mini-cast-iron skillets, wire, squares, levels and numerous other items in their shed/quail house?

Back
Top Bottom