➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I'm still in shock that I have a 3 week old crowing his little red head off!!!:eek:
that kinda surprised me a bit too.....i can’t say i’ve ever had one full crowing that early.....but i do have mr squeakers that would make crazy squeaking noises at me from 2-3 weeks old until he started crowing :gig

The jail bird is my older Pansy male who was being mean.
He was beating up his friend so I put him in jail.
He doesn't shut up in there by himself.

No one else makes a noise. Nothing.

I have not offed anymore of my babies yet.

I only removed the big dark boy from the one baby cage and jailed him by himself for a few days and he too didn't shut up while in jail.
He has not made a sound since I put him in with some older girls.
i’m happy that everyone has been quiet and gets to stay!! (for now):weei wonder if mine crow more because multiple males of varying ages all together?? ie learning from older males and competition for the females.....there is minimal fighting and many males congregate throughout the day but when it crowing time, they are all spread out

i’m happy that everyone has been quiet and gets to stay!! (for now):weei wonder if mine crow more because multiple males of varying ages all together?? ie learning from older males and competition for the females.....there is minimal fighting and many males congregate throughout the day but when it crowing time, they are all spread out
I still have the ten in a cage together.
I am still 90% at least 8 are male.
Not one peep.
I keep thinking every day is going to be the day when all hell breaks lose but nothing so far.

that kinda surprised me a bit too.....i can’t say i’ve ever had one full crowing that early.....but i do have mr squeakers that would make crazy squeaking noises at me from 2-3 weeks old until he started crowing :gig
I wonder if my early crower is because they've had light on them 24/7? Or older quail nearby making all fashion of calls/whistles? Or that my guinea hens NEVER shut up their calling ALL DAY LONG?

I still have the ten in a cage together.
I am still 90% at least 8 are male.
Not one peep.
I keep thinking every day is going to be the day when all hell breaks lose but nothing so far.
No fighting in that pen of 10? I'm afraid I won't know when I should separate any, is a little bickering gonna end up with me finding one scalped??? I'm gonna freak plumb out if/when that happens! I've still got 9 in each pen, and 12 Bob's in their complex.

I wonder if my early crower is because they've had light on them 24/7? Or older quail nearby making all fashion of calls/whistles? Or that my guinea hens NEVER shut up their calling ALL DAY LONG?

No fighting in that pen of 10? I'm afraid I won't know when I should separate any, is a little bickering gonna end up with me finding one scalped??? I'm gonna freak plumb out if/when that happens! I've still got 9 in each pen, and 12 Bob's in their complex.

This is exactly why I don’t want guineas lol

No fighting yet.
I can't believe it.

I'm still in shock that I have a 3 week old crowing his little red head off!!!:eek:
Mine crow when they are unhappy, which makes me happy. For example the other day I moved them all in a new cage. Several hours later one of the males crowed. I checked and turned out the roof of the cage has falled inside. I posted earlier that my last male started crowing when he was 19 days old. He could've crowed earlier but this is when I heard him for the first time. And he crowed when I took his sister out of the cage to pet her, so he was definitely not happy. As soon as I placed her back with him he got quiet.

it’s currently 27* outside, 55* in my bedroom, and just found out DH is running the a/c!!! :smack his “manopause” is gonna be the death of me!!!:mad::rant
Maybe he should sleep on a floatie in the pool tonight.

Back
Top Bottom