āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

It rained here yesterday and I only had half of the new cage covered. All birds were happy, no signs of being cold and some even stayed under the rain. I have always had them fully protected from the rain before, so it was interesting to see what happens.
Oh and our daylight is reducing now to only 11 hours per day and they are still laying eggs without extra light.

This is exactly why I donā€™t want guineas lol
In the mornings if I'm late feeding the Boss hen (Buckwheat) will fly over the fence, go to the back porch, to the backdoor, and start her calling for me! As soon as I'm out the door she runs and beats me back to the chicken house! She's been delegated as "Alpha Hen". I only have 4, they're all hens I believe.

Visitors here often comment on how quiet my guineas are.
Their calls don't really bother me, I get a bit annoyed when Buckwheat is calling to the others and they ignore her! Just like siblings!:smack

itā€™s currently 27* outside, 55* in my bedroom, and just found out DH is running the a/c!!! :smack his ā€œmanopauseā€ is gonna be the death of me!!!:mad::rant
:gigTurn the heat on and give DH an ICE PACK! Our heat has barely kicked off today. I hate cold weather.

Mine crow when they are unhappy, which makes me happy. For example the other day I moved them all in a new cage. Several hours later one of the males crowed. I checked and turned out the roof of the cage has falled inside. I posted earlier that my last male started crowing when he was 19 days old. He could've crowed earlier but this is when I heard him for the first time. And he crowed when I took his sister out of the cage to pet her, so he was definitely not happy. As soon as I placed her back with him he got quiet.
Well, they did just get moved outside to a new pen, new sights & sounds. They went from an overcrowded tote to a huge pen with lots of enrichment. Big change, maybe that's what made him vocal.

Maybe he should sleep on a floatie in the pool tonight.
:yesss::lau

In the mornings if I'm late feeding the Boss hen (Buckwheat) will fly over the fence, go to the back porch, to the backdoor, and start her calling for me! As soon as I'm out the door she runs and beats me back to the chicken house! She's been delegated as "Alpha Hen". I only have 4, they're all hens I believe.

Their calls don't really bother me, I get a bit annoyed when Buckwheat is calling to the others and they ignore her! Just like siblings!:smack

:gigTurn the heat on and give DH an ICE PACK! Our heat has barely kicked off today. I hate cold weather.

Well, they did just get moved outside to a new pen, new sights & sounds. They went from an overcrowded tote to a huge pen with lots of enrichment. Big change, maybe that's what made him vocal.

:yesss::lau

:lau :gig :lau

@Cedar Creek Farm Lady , loved the pic of this juvenile male Bob! :love you posted over in the newbies forum! :thumbsup
20191101_223623.jpg

@Cedar Creek Farm Lady , loved the pic of this juvenile male Bob! :love you posted over in the newbies forum! :thumbsup
View attachment 1954987
What about this one, is it a male too? It's got the darkest head/face feathers.
They are too cute, I put 2 bucket nests in their pen and they went nuts trying to straighten them both up, there were 4 in one of them! I'll try to get some funny videos of them tomorrow.
20191108_223839.jpg

What about this one, is it a male too? It's got the darkest head/face feathers.
They are too cute, I put 2 bucket nests in their pen and they went nuts trying to straighten them both up, there were 4 in one of them! I'll try to get some funny videos of them tomorrow.View attachment 1954993
Definitely a male.

itā€™s currently 27* outside, 55* in my bedroom, and just found out DH is running the a/c!!! :smack his ā€œmanopauseā€ is gonna be the death of me!!!:mad::rant
We must be related. There's snow on the ground outside, and I have the window open... and I'm wearing short sleeves. :oops:

We must be related. There's snow on the ground outside, and I have the window open... and I'm wearing short sleeves. :oops:

:lau

I was FREEZING today!! Iā€™m normally not cold but lately have been getting cold ha

Today I could not get warm! The house was so cold and outside was cold and it was bone chilling! I actually got kinda sick from it ha felt awful.

Mostly better now.

I walked for miles in the wind and cold earlier too though and the wind blew right on my face at some points ha it was awful. That probably didnā€™t help.

Anyway, realistically, I probably should have just taken a hot shower to warm up my bones then turned the heat up in the house but instead I chose to put a t shirt and shorts on and walk around barefoot. :lau

Thatā€™s probably why I was so cold. :lau :oops:

I have at least been smart and wearing a coat, hat, and gloves lately though hah

But still.

Itā€™s too cold. And when I step outside it is so dang cold and raw and downright frigid. :hit :sick

Could you take your arctic air back please?

Back
Top Bottom