➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

One of my hens is being weird. Crawling around half with her butt scooting and with her wings pulling her? Her feet look fine except a TINY scratch on her ankle area. Her legs have full range when I gently move them and so do her wings. She's standing one legged balancing act on the leg without the scratch. She's just acting like her leg is chopped off :he

One of my hens is being weird. Crawling around half with her butt scooting and with her wings pulling her? Her feet look fine except a TINY scratch on her ankle area. Her legs have full range when I gently move them and so do her wings. She's standing one legged balancing act on the leg without the scratch. She's just acting like her leg is chopped off :he
Can you take a short video of her?

I got the new brooder jury rigged. I took an old plastic bin and cut a hole in the lid and duct taped hardware cloth over it. I tried staples, but they wouldn't go through the plastic. It's about 2.5 times the size of the 20 gallon aquarium I was using as a brooder for the smaller batches of chicks.
1110191434.jpg

I got the new brooder jury rigged. I took an old plastic bin and cut a hole in the lid and duct taped hardware cloth over it. I tried staples, but they wouldn't go through the plastic. It's about 2.5 times the size of the 20 gallon aquarium I was using as a brooder for the smaller batches of chicks.
View attachment 1956384
Perfect!

I bought some from Wynola Ranch. They're size 4 and will work on adult quail. I found some smaller rings that I was able to use on two week old chicks, but I just had to remove the one I used now that my birds are closer to 4 or 5 weeks old because it was getting tight.
I think I'm gonna get some from WynolaRanch. I didn't know if numbered pigeon ones would fit, thought someone on here may've used some on their quail.

Game camera
Good plan! :fl

View attachment 1956384
:highfive:It looks awesome, you just give me some ideas! Thanks!:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom